Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightmare Aracnid Silks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nightmare Aracnid Silks

    Sorry if it has been covered before, but where exactly do I farm these aracnid silks in PoN? I killed about 10 spiders looking things(plus too many trees and ravens who joined my party) near the GY/river but got no drops. Am I just unlucky or do I need to try different mobs/different spot?
    Obina Redemptus

  • #2
    Originally posted by Obina
    Sorry if it has been covered before, but where exactly do I farm these aracnid silks in PoN? I killed about 10 spiders looking things(plus too many trees and ravens who joined my party) near the GY/river but got no drops. Am I just unlucky or do I need to try different mobs/different spot?
    Think they only drop from the high level spiders (lvl 61?) just west of the garg city.
    Have Phro, Will Travel.
    Wire Gnekroe

    Tailoring 254 mastery 1, Research 272 mastery 3, Salvage 3

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GnekroeGnomicon
      Think they only drop from the high level spiders (lvl 61?) just west of the garg city.
      Correct, just over the river past the Nightstalker camp.

      These mobs are lower tiered PoP but are not as easy. Slow is very nice, as is harmony. They will mostly come in pairs without it (I believe there is only 2 that can be single pulled by anyone). The loathsome can NOT be snared / rooted, the others can be. I don't believe TMs guards can be either, but you only have to worry about them 1/3 of the time. Their spawn time is roughly 3x longer than the rest.

      Oh, and watch out for the traps, you'll learn where these are quickly enough.

      Fun camp.
      Sunburnt Dmize - 80 Druid - D-Ro
      300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

      Phrump Eatsogres - 32 Gnome - D-Ro
      300 - Tinker +15%
      300 - Researcher +12%
      300 - Tailor +12%

      Comment


      • #4
        Head to the dock, from there follow the river to the right, and you'll find them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just be careful of the Terror Matriarch, she can still mow down a group if you aren't prepared.

          Comment


          • #6
            Last time I went to Terror Matriarch she seems to behave just like any regular mob with higher damage due to higher level. I thought she spawned adds but didn't see any. The 2 spiders by her will come without aggroing the matriarch so you can always get her solo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Phantron
              Last time I went to Terror Matriarch she seems to behave just like any regular mob with higher damage due to higher level. I thought she spawned adds but didn't see any. The 2 spiders by her will come without aggroing the matriarch so you can always get her solo.
              Exactly the same thing the last few times I killed her. Long ago, I remember her spawning adds and giving a group or three a hard way to go.

              One day a shaman and I were farming silks and thought we'd give her a try, prepared to die from adds. No adds, and pretty simple. Now we just kill her like the rest of em.
              Sunburnt Dmize - 80 Druid - D-Ro
              300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

              Phrump Eatsogres - 32 Gnome - D-Ro
              300 - Tinker +15%
              300 - Researcher +12%
              300 - Tailor +12%

              Comment


              • #8
                Heading to mujaki to do my 1.5 part, the raid ran right over TM without even realizing TM was a named. Lol... I didn't notice any adds spawn either. I wonder when TM stopped spawning... must have got too old.

                Comment

                Working...
                X