No announcement yet.

Great Reptile Hides -- initial reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went the other day and camped the zone in area for around 2 hours, or about 5 spawns of the 3 raptors and 1 wanderer. Got ZERO drops of hides.
    Axemaster - Cleric 70
    Lilaxe - Warrior 70
    Baz Mule

Comment

Killed another 25 CT raptors and got 0 hides, so my drop rate is now 1/100.

Comment

Add another 29 raptors to my total, closing in on 100 without a drop. I have now, officially thrown in the towel on the hides.

Good luck to those that continue to push forward.
        Sunburnt Dmize - 80 Druid - D-Ro
        300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

Phrump Eatsogres - 32 Gnome - D-Ro
        300 - Tinker +15%
        300 - Researcher +12%
        300 - Tailor +12%

Comment

I have hunted Twice in CT mostly sticking to CY and Tunnels in the front.

Both times with at least 4 in group,
          first time :all pre elemental (bazaar/OoW geared) < 200aa 67dru, 64mag, 65crl, 63pali. killed about 25 (+ or - 5 ) raptors no hides. I mostly tracked first one on top of track. (3 hours)

Second time: mix of elemental flagged and non all <375 aa 67dru, 68Bst 69sk, 65pali, 66 rng , killed about the same amount (20-30) and still no hides. ranger tracked closest one. (2 hours).

Trying North west end next time.

Comment

anyone try these camps since the patch? maybe they stealth adjusted the drop rate?

*** went tonight for a few hours..was a group at the zone in, trying for hides...so i went in furthur to the great pyramid with the brown lizzies. Killed about 20 reptiles, looted many Carved Raptor Fangs, and also Shiny Lizard Scales (which normally drop off Tae Ew). Not one Great Reptile Hide. the report from the zone in was the same. Not one hide.
            Last edited by Axemaster; 05-16-2005, 01:51 AM. Reason: additional notes
            Axemaster - Cleric 70
            Lilaxe - Warrior 70
            Baz Mule

Comment

A group of us went in and basically killed everything in sight for 3 hours, concentrating on the NW raptors/pyramid. We got a ton of vendor loot and blood, a decent amount of meats, and one each of greater reptile hide, swampwood staff, pristine lizard scale, chunk of cazicite. So it seems to me that the hides are on the same table as the other rare TS drops here...which, when you consider the same group of us went to Ssra and got 26 shissar scales in roughly the same amount of time, is decidedly unbalanced (not to mention that this is for masters lvl stuff...any group that would actually use this stuff might have a hard time in CT)
              Cirin Insandjis
              70 Shaman
              Caelum Infinitum
              Fennin Ro

Comment

Working...
              X