Reavers in Fort Mech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reavers in Fort Mech

Is there ANY better camps for those.. tried in front of elevators kill as many gnomes as fast as possible in 45 min 1 reaver.. there MUST be a better way??? please Please PLEASE tell me there is!!!

umm nope not from what i have found. They have made every level very tedious and long. Seems mighty odd as i am a level 80 warrior and to get sacred or blessed it took days and weeks to accomplish. I dont mind challenges but greys that take minutes to take down and then on very long times to repop is the extreme and the sheer volume of numbers to get. Ice fall mammoths are nice as also gives some exp, the shamans in dire are a death trap waiting for you to stumble into them. FOrtress well it is shamans on steriods.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurvok View Post
      Is there ANY better camps for those.. tried in front of elevators kill as many gnomes as fast as possible in 45 min 1 reaver.. there MUST be a better way??? please Please PLEASE tell me there is!!!
      How many gnomes is "as fast as possible"??

If you can keep the elevator area clear (maybe 40 gnomes??) then you could try the Zeppelin for a change of scenery. If you can only kill a small number, then its unlikely the Zeppelin will offer any improvement.

Without knowing how fast you can kill, 1 Reaver in 45 mins might be great.

Comment

For sheer number of reavers, the Zeppelin is probably the best area -- but it's also pretty tough. It's very small, very cramped, with not much room to split. Mobs have a pretty large aggro radius, sometimes aggroing through walls. If you can't handle four to six mobs in camp at once, this isn't the camp for you. If you can, you'll get reavers much faster than out at the elevators.
        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane View Post
          For sheer number of reavers, the Zeppelin is probably the best area -- but it's also pretty tough. It's very small, very cramped, with not much room to split. Mobs have a pretty large aggro radius, sometimes aggroing through walls. If you can't handle four to six mobs in camp at once, this isn't the camp for you. If you can, you'll get reavers much faster than out at the elevators.
          Ya, the Zeppelin is the best spot, if you can handle the camp, which isnt easy by any means. I would stick to the elevators. With a decent group it took me around 10 hours to get all mine there. Only pull the groups of mobs that have gnomes in them. Only real gnomes are PH'rs... Not the robot gnomes, or mender robots.

They really should change it to be "Any Reaver" so the reavers on the second/third level would count. If that was the case it wouldnt be as much of a pita.

Comment

Originally posted by daw4888 View Post
            Ya, the Zeppelin is the best spot, if you can handle the camp, which isnt easy by any means. I would stick to the elevators. With a decent group it took me around 10 hours to get all mine there. Only pull the groups of mobs that have gnomes in them. Only real gnomes are PH'rs... Not the robot gnomes, or mender robots.

They really should change it to be "Any Reaver" so the reavers on the second/third level would count. If that was the case it wouldnt be as much of a pita.
            Nope

We certainly want this to be difficult at this point.
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

With all due respect, I know you want to limit the number of sublimes that enter the game, but the main bottleneck isn't completing the quest. The drop rate for the marrows and such is rightfully very low and only in a few zones. However, the quest being extraordinarily difficult only means that a relative few will be making the augs, the number of aug makers has very little if any effect on the rate of production. Only the availability of supplies matters for these items.
              Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker the Kraftin Kitty, Master Artisan
              Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
              Celestial Navigators, Maelin Starpyre

Comment

We did a mini-raid, usually about 15 people, every Monday for 5 weeks to get that part done. We stuck to the elevator area, the blimp is a killer. We wiped multiple times trying blimp without getting a single reaver.
                Honestly, stick to the elevator area. Easier to pull/split mobs there with wide open area.

Comment

Again. We do not want to make this easier. We want it to remain difficult.

Yes the quest is not the limiter. With all due respect, that does not mean the quest needs to be easy.
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200

Comment

Have to agree with Sharrien here. The difficulty in finding Reavers to finish the quest is not going to effect the amount of augs available one iota. The only thing you're doing is forcing people to get gouged in the bazaar or elsewhere because they don't know anyone that's got it finished. After all, they are going to get their aug once they have the pieces for it.

Comment

Again sorry changing it to be any reaver instead of specifically A reaver, is not in any way going to make this quest ANY easier. The sole thing it will do is allow you to actually finish it without having to get people to go where No one wants to.

No one wants to do the elevators because there is nothing but this quest to be gotten from there really. No one wants to do the blimp because as was said before it is horrible rvr.

The only thing that making it any real gnome with reaver in it's name will do is allow people to do farm it in an actual groups instead of having to force friends to go waste a week or two at the elevators.

Comment

I 4-box these at the moment and it's slow yes.
                        in 3 sessions of 3 to 4 hours i've killed 17 reaver ang got 5 impressions, my killing rate is not fast.
                        today in 1 hour I got 5 reavers pop and got last impression.
                        only thing that changed somehow in what I did is 1) I had a friend who joined for that hour, maybe he brought me good luck 2) I only pulled one roamer group and pulled that way on "roamer" repops : if you observe carefully, let's say there are 6 mobs in a roamer group at first. you pull/kill one, then a second, etc....let's say after there are only 3 left in group, there is a roamer repop. usually the repop pops alone, not far from the group, then catch them after a few time. By pulling these mobs only, the "repopers" I managed to get more reaver than ever.
                        my theory might be completly off, I would be surprised if it's not the case, but maybe worth mentionning and I'll try to do same thing tonight to see if luck is the same without my zerker friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaliaila View Post
                          Again sorry changing it to be any reaver instead of specifically A reaver, is not in any way going to make this quest ANY easier. The sole thing it will do is allow you to actually finish it without having to get people to go where No one wants to.

No one wants to do the elevators because there is nothing but this quest to be gotten from there really. No one wants to do the blimp because as was said before it is horrible rvr.

The only thing that making it any real gnome with reaver in it's name will do is allow people to do farm it in an actual groups instead of having to force friends to go waste a week or two at the elevators.
                          The RvR is getting this book. We DO consider it to be the correct RvR. I have to continue to respectfully disagree with you.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Kaliaila View Post

The designers can only approximate the typical RvR, they can't tell you how good the reward is for you, or how risky it is with your group. The RvR is ENTIRELY up to the individual. If you think the book isn't good enough to go do the quest, then the RvR isn't there for you. It's silly to argue that you're missing out on some positive RvR because you just don't enjoy the reward.

And the camp might not be worth doing without the quest. It's perfectly fine that part of the reward is the book. I'd recommend you get your friends to grab the quest too. They can always toss the book somewhere and forget about it, but they'll have it later if they decide to give tradeskills a shot.

But, if you want the book enough to go get it, then the RvR is just fine. Do you?
                            Last edited by Neebat; 03-19-2008, 10:12 AM.
                            I tried combining Celestial Solvent, a Raw Rough Hide, Rough Hide Solution and a Skinning Knife. But the result was such an oxymoron, it opened a rift into another universe. I fell through into one of Nodyin's spreadsheets and was slain by a misplaced decimal.

Comment

my theory about how they pop is pure bullsh.t in fact, spent 4 hours yesterday night, 0 reavers....
                              about RvR, I think xp is very good for the effort involved so overall not a bad camp

Comment

Working...
                              X