Grimling Raids Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimling Raids Update

This isn't strictly a crafting quest, but it is listed on the site so here are some details.

As of the April 22nd patch, the Grimling Forest Raids have changed.

Notes:

1. If you hail the General with 'which camps' You will get a list of the 9 grimling camps in the zone and their status. A camp's status can be "under attack"(light blue) "controlled by grimlings"(red) "controlled by thugs" (green).

2. When you win a raid the General's status updates to green. The text says that Vah Shir control the camp, but a little while after you win the event by killing the boss thugs will spawn where grimlings used to be.

3. There are nine raids. The scouts will take you to raids one and two. The Captain and the Veterans randomly pick among the last seven raids. I believe the Captain always goes to raid 8 or raid 9. If you want to do raid 3, you may have to hail the Veterans multiple times to get them to go to that camp.

4. You say "i am ready to go" to the Veterans, Captain, or Scouts to start an event. After a little while they will run to the camp and give you a briefing. The yellow text indicates what you have to do to complete the raid.

5. If you win raids 1 and 2 the scouts no longer run their events...they tell you to talk to the Veterans.

6. Each raid has a boss creature. You have to kill this creature in order to flag the raid as being completed.

7. It seems that the raids are on a 24 hour timer. If you win one, you have to wait 24 hours to do it again.

8. Raid 1 involves killing grimlings while several untargetable wizards nuke you. You have to kill all the grimlings in the village before the wizards become targetable. Once you kill the mages, a boss wizard spawns.

9. Raid 2 involves killing grimlings while several untargetable shamans summon tiny micro grimlings on you. You have to kill all of the grimlings in the village before the shamans become targetable. Once you kill the shamans, a boss named Soul Echo spawns.

10. THE COPPER MEDAL OF WAR USED IN THE BEASTLORD EPIC DROPS OFF THE BOSS OF RAID 1 AND MOST MOBS IN RAID 2. You can easily solo this at level 45.

11. GRIMLING DOCUMENT 1 drops off of any grimling in raid 1. GRIMLING DOCUMENT 2 and GRIMLING DOCUMENT 3 drop off of any grimling in raid 2. These are easily soloable as you do not have to complete the raid to get the documents. Just single pull the grimlings and loot your documents.

12. YOU NO LONGER NEED SPHERES TO START THE RAIDS. You just say "i am ready to go." Strangely enough, the spheres are still for sale in the Vah Shir fort. They do nothing at this time.

13. Raid 3 involves killing a village of grimlngs while reinforcements arrive. If you kill the grimlings in the village and all the reinforcements a boss grimling spawns.

13. Raid 4 involves killing a village of grimlings while untargetable clerics heal them. It's tougher than it looks...the clerics have a lot of mana. When the village is empty, the clerics become targetable and you know the drill from here.

14. I have not seen SILVER or GOLD medals of war drop. These may have been removed.

15. The officers cloak is still awarded by the same NPC, but his title is now Veteran, not Captain.

16. The officers cloak is now called "Officer's Cloak of Service." The stats are different from what is listed on this site. I'll post new stats for the beastlord cloak later, unless someone else does first.

17. You DO NOT get a container to combine the officer's cloak with the medallion of the hero. This quest is broken and no one on eqbeastlords knows how to get it to work. IF YOU HAVE AN OFFICERS CLOAK AND THE CONTAINER, DO NOT DO THE COMBINE. There is no NPC that will accept the combined container and you will have lost your cloak. Wait until they fix the quest or we've confirmed it isn't coming back.

18. The medallion of the hero now drops off of the boss of raid 9.
    Shadowpaw Darklingborn
    Level 49, Beastlord
    Terris-Thule Server

New stats on Officer cloak:
    AC 12
    STR 8 DEX 5 STA 6 WIS 8 AGI 8 HP 40 MANA 40
    Skill Mod: Tailoring +3%
    WT: 1.5

More DEX and AGI, less STA, HP, and MANA... still a fairly decent cloak, but all together NOT worth the long, tedious effort it takes to get to that point in the quest... and it seems that there is no continuation to the quest as the NPC I gave the box with the Captured documents in it to neither gave me the 2 slot box for the Hero medal, nor mentioned anything that suggested that there was anything more that was going to happen in the quest. =/
    The hero medal is now VERY easy to get.. 7-8 60+ people can easily finish the final raid as it involves killing a whole lotta green con grimlings then placing one person in each of 6 different huts which causes the grimlings to stop respawning. Once this is done and all remaining grimlings are killed some higher level grimlings spawn as well as an untargetable 'Claw of Khati Sha' which is a 50s level Vah Shir MoB. Kill the targetable MoBs and the Vah Shir will respawn targetable with several skeletons.. kill him and he drops the Medallion, a 10 slot, 100% weight reducing bag, and some good plate class leggings.
    A short time later a bunch of Vah Shir guards will spawn and cream the remaining grimlings and take over the town.

Also: Inner Acrylia does not require a key anymore so explore at your leasure.

Kitchi Behlakatz
    65th Season Feral Lord of Rodcet Nife
    Proud Owner of the 8th Coldain Shawl

Comment

I just did the Shammy turn in for the officer cloak, I get back the same 'Officer's Cloak of Service' no brewing mod, but tailoring mod ($%^$^$)...... petitioned and bugged, no response yet

Comment

Officer Cloak changed again!
        Seems every class got the same item, so the item was changed in the database (Oddly none of this put-item-in-forge-for-new-one thing).
        It's stats are now:

AC 18
        STR 8 DEX 5 STA 6 WS 8 AGI 8 HP 50 MANA 50 All Resists 3
        WT: 1.0 Size: Medium
        Class: WAR BRD ROG SHM BST
        Race: VAH

So other races now cannot use this cloak, it's actually a pretty darn good cloak with the resists and all, and the skill modifiers are gone (The hero cloak didn't have modifiers either), and the hero cloak portion of the quest is completely gone...

IMHO it's a good cloak, but not worth the trouble of this quest to get.

Kitchi Behlakatz

Comment

Captured Grimling Document I drops from 'a coin courier' (halfling, immune to run speed changes but not many HP and doesn't hit hard) in the two camps closest to the bridge. Seems to be a rare spawn in the center of the camp. Spawns are quite fast and they drop upto 4pp and fine steel weapons so this would be a good camp for mid 40s.

Does anyne know if the second and third docuent drops from any of the thugs or do I have to wait for the grimling to take control again? (I can never catch the zone in it's normal state, grimlings are beaten down almost as soon as they pop on The Nameless).

Edit: Update - Document II also drops from the 'a coin courier'. Didn't get any farther since the zone repopped at that point. Shaman really don't do enough DPS to have a good shot at soloing the raids . It's possible but it's going to be rough as heck.

Comment

Finished the officers cloak portion of the quest today. The coin courier apparently drops all 3 documents that are needed for the final turn in. The stats on the cloak are little different from those posted above.
            LORE ITEM NODROP
            Slot: Back
            AC: 18
            str: +8 dex: +5 sta: +6 wis: +8 agi: +8 hp: +50 mana: +50
            +3 to all resists
            vah
            war/bard/bst/shm/rogue

Vetran Darznel doesn't say anything about the quest continuing at this point. Quest has either changed or has been broken at this point methinks.

Comment

Finished this tonight

One little tidbit of information that may be useful, when the guard reaches the camp and gives you the instructions you have to say

"I am ready to start"

before the camp will respawn with the special MoBs. Took me a while to figure that out ops:

Comment

Originally posted by Mour
                Finished the officers cloak portion of the quest today. The coin courier apparently drops all 3 documents that are needed for the final turn in. The stats on the cloak are little different from those posted above.
                LORE ITEM NODROP
                Slot: Back
                AC: 18
                str: +8 dex: +5 sta: +6 wis: +8 agi: +8 hp: +50 mana: +50
                +3 to all resists
                vah
                war/bard/bst/shm/rogue

Vetran Darznel doesn't say anything about the quest continuing at this point. Quest has either changed or has been broken at this point methinks.
                That's exactly what I posted a lil bit above unless I'm missing something =P

It does look like this cloak is the final cloak now as nothing is received along with the Officer cloak nor is there any NPC text indicating there's anything else yet to happen.
                The cloak is pretty good and I wear mine now. Perhaps they intend to have an NPC notice that you have the Officer's cloak and respond to you differently... as it stands I got the same responces from every NPC I could find in Grimling as did someone else that didn't do the quests at all (And y'know, sometimes I wish I -did- have to pay taxes in Shar Vahl, just for the sake of making the Citizenship quest seem more personal)

Kitchi Behlakatz

Comment

From the May 14th patch message
                  - Cloak of the Dar Khura Hero - The effect on this item was listed in the database as the wrong effect type. The effect is now permanent
                  Does this mean they fixed the quest?

Or did they do this for the two or three people who actually have completed the quest before?

Comment

From what I've heard this means you can either turn in the older Officer's cloak -or- the combined box with the medallion and cloak inside to the NPC and -both- you yield the 'upgraded' Officer's cloak, which is actually a pretty good cloak as mentioned above.

I don't think that you get a Hero cloak if you hand in the combined box as obtaining the medallion is way too easy for something with as good a stats as the hero cloaks..

Perhaps there's a quest involving IA that yields the hero cloaks.

Kitchi Behlakatz

Comment

Working...
                    X