The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brael View Post

Alternatively, not to add a request for you Ngreth which is a high workload but is it possible to add a script to an item which adds AC based on which slot it's in? I'm not quite sure how that would work with displaying stats but let's say 30 AC was the base and it would gain 30 AC in wrists, 25 around the neck, 20 on fingers, and so on.
    Currently cannot do just ONE stat, and probably will not be able to reasonably get that changed. I can only do ALL stats, and that does not work

It will definitely never be based on wrist or face AC...

If people can point out **GROUP** content in ring, earring, neck that have better stats (not JUST AC, though you can point to AC) I will have something I can give to Merloc to help convince him to up it.

I am sorry, but like people mentioned, I cannot base this on raid content.
    Last edited by Ngreth Thergn; 11-28-2007, 11:51 AM.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• Shadow Counting pages

Confirmed drops:

Page 5 - a frenzied ancestor. This is a zombie model, and it may drop off any zombi, but I killed many zombies and had page 5 drop twice only off this mob name. Accessible through West entrance.

Page 3 - a phoboplasm. Accessible from any entrance.

Page 2 - a crypt ghoul. Accessible from South entrance.

Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

• 30 AC on this item is pathetic.

The new JC crafted rings can get to 30 AC and 375 Hit Points, or 20 AC and 475 Hit Points. That is BAZZAR SELLABLE gear. No, it doesn't have the Form of Defence clicky or Dodge V, but those I already HAVE on other gear. An item that requires a long painfull quest like this one should be A LOT better than something you can buy in the Bazaar from the same expansion - THIS ITEM IS NOT.

I was able to *3 box* the Furious Jailor, back when my war was still 75 and my clericbot and magebot were both 70. The earring he drops has 35 AC, the ring he drops also has 35 AC.

I just looked through ALL of the finger items listed on Allakhazam. The LOWEST AC I could find an any earring or ring that had 400+ Hit Points was 42, for a BEASTLORD specific piece. The NEXT lowest was 44.
        Ear items are comparable.

I'm not even going to bother comparing this to waist items.

Now that I have seen the final item from this quest, I will not bother wasting my time on the rest of this quest. 30 AC is a DOWNGRADE for any piece of gear I have - more than enough to make up for the HP boost where there IS a HP boost - and this ring does NOT offer me OR MOST OTHER MELEE FOLKS anything we don't already HAVE to make up for that horrible AC.

IMO this item should have AT LEAST 45 AC to make it worth doing the quest, and more like 50 AC to make it COMPETATIVE with drops I have seen listed from SoF. The 475 Hit Points might be a little excessive - I could see dropping that down to 400-425 range if the AC went to 50.

Keep in mind - no, it doesn't require raid drops (as such), but it DOES require a long involved GROUP REQUIRED quest AND very high tradeskilling levels to make. Given the new Cultural armor/symbols, bringing it up to 45+ AC would NOT be unbalancing. No, it shouldn't be 60+ AC like some of the SoF RAID DROP ear/finger items, that would be excessive.
        Last edited by Leonis; 11-28-2007, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Some facts:

Pre-SoF there were about 20 earrings with 40 AC or more. All raid content included. Only 20 in the entire game. That may be up to 25 now, and growing slowly.

The highest AC group-based earring (as defined by an item in magelo with type 7 aug slot) is 31AC 285HP. The top group-based earrings sorted by HP, shown below, are all sub-30AC. That makes this the 2nd group-based AC earring, and the tops in AC for earrings in its HP class.

Code:
            Name                           AC HP Mana STR STA AGI DEX WIS INT CHA PR MR DR FR CR DMG Delay 
            Jagged Icy Loop                28 480 470 17 21 30 17 6 15 23 19 32 27 14 18 0 0 
            Crystalline Earring of Ice     26 475 475 23 22 23 34 16 10 19 33 19 17 30 11 0 0  
            Galeforce Wyvern's Stud        27 475 475 23 7 18 19 24 32 24 20 33 28 18 11 0 0 
            Finely Carved Horn Bangle      25 385 375 22 7 16 29 14 18 18 14 17 24 13 27 0 0 
            Storeroom Access Bauble        24 385 375 16 21 10 22 7 25 23 16 15 14 23 27 0 0 
            Engraved Horn Earring          25 385 375 22 7 16 29 14 18 18 14 17 24 13 27 0 0  
            Chamberlain Access Bauble      24 385 375 16 21 10 22 7 25 23 16 15 14 23 27 0 0 
            Earring of the Waning Moon     21 375 385 18 12 28 11 21 24 7 23 16 27 15 14 0 0   
            Moonbound Earring              21 375 385 18 12 28 11 21 24 7 23 16 27 15 14 0 0 
            Fuel Nugget Bauble             22 370 395 13 20 18 15 22 14 19 19 19 18 15 24 0 0
          Consider:

Would you take 20 more AC on this item to have the ear slot removed? I personally would not. I have always found exceptional value in items that can fit in multiple slots, dating back to the Spirit Wracked Cord, and some 75hp arm/wrist item from an Ssra underboss I can't remember anymore.

Also I would add that a multi-slot item that fits in "jewelry" slots is the best type, and makes it even more valuable. Every class needs to fill 2 fingers and 2 ears, and there are a lot of ALL/ALL items for these slots, resulting in a lot of competition.

Having said all of that, I think a type 3 aug slot would be a nice addition, and would be consistent with the "special item" concept in SoF.
          Last edited by muvandog; 11-28-2007, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Ac/hp

I agree the AC is a bit low. I think 35 to 40 AC would make it a more viable item.

I do not believe upping the AC by 5 or 10 will make it unbalanced vs. raid content at all.

People who are able to pursue this quest (due to its difficulty and need of high-end groups), will very likely NOT use the item... as it will NOT be an upgrade in any of the slots. And if it is, it will be just a small or debatable (HP vs AC) upgrade at best.

Those that pursue will likely just be avid questors and TS'ers... just to say they did it (like me, LOL).
            Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

• Fletching - Gem covered box

I have found 2 of these gem covered boxes, assuming they are the correct items for these quests. I have found one off the birds in hills of shade, and 1 off the brownies in dragonscale hills...Any clue to what drops the third one?

Comment

• caster focus.

We've seen the links that show the 2 melee focus effects on ring. Has anyone progressed in quest far enough to see focus effects on melee ring then combine it in jc bag to confirm what the caster focus is?

Even though the ring does not surpass current TSS raid content, if the focus effect on it is mana pres to lvl 80, I'd still consider it a worthwhile quest. I'd happily give up 10 ac or 50-100 hp for a beneficial mana pres / lvl 80 focus. The old PoP signet of arcane tradeskill quest was also a mana pres focus.

However, this is a long quest, and if the focus effect is just somethign commonly available on other gear (extended range, etc), I'd probably skip the quest. Pls post focus (even if its just the focus on the mid-tier version of ring) once someone finds out. Thx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                  Currently cannot do just ONE stat, and probably will not be able to reasonably get that changed. I can only do ALL stats, and that does not work

If people can point out **GROUP** content in ring, earring, neck that have better stats (not JUST AC, though you can point to AC) I will have something I can give to Merloc to help convince him to up it.

I don't currently have time to search items, but I will when I get home.

I'm not so much interested in upping the stats as balancing them if upping the AC is going to be such an ordeal. For instance I would be totally content upping the AC to 45 and dropping the HP/End to 400-420 and even dropping the click since I will NEVER use it. The stats currently are not in balance on this item imo. The AC is 30, which is at the top for currently known groupable gear, but probably not anywhere close to what groupable T3 and T4 will be. The HP is 470 which is way beyond what is currently achieveable on groupable gear in those slots. The click as far as I know is not achieveable on groupable gear and the Improved Dodge V is not achieveable on groupable gear. My point is the AC is blah, while the HP, click, and focus are WOW! So if a straight upgrade will be difficult, then how about balancing it a bit better. Bump the AC at the expense of some HP/end or maybe the click. I'm pretty sure most melee would be just fine with that. I wouldn't care what you do to the caster version.

EDIT: And to the person who asked if I would give up the ear slot in exchange for 20 more AC - my response is IN A HEARTBEAT. So there is another option for balancing, Ngreth. Give us 15-20 more AC and take away one or two of the possible slots.
                  Last edited by Archus; 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM.
                  Archus
                  Ashenhand of Quellious
                  Undivided Faith
                  Drinal Server

Comment

• Can anyone who has completed the quest or even progressed along take their item and convert it into caster form so we can see what the progression would be like?
                    Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
                    Tailor (300)
                    Brewer (300)
                    Baker (300)
                    Jewelcrafter (297)
                    Potter (251)
                    Smith (251)
                    Fletcher (235)

Comment

• Originally posted by Acefbm View Post
                      I have found 2 of these gem covered boxes, assuming they are the correct items for these quests. I have found one off the birds in hills of shade, and 1 off the brownies in dragonscale hills...Any clue to what drops the third one?
                      a bloodmoon warlock dropped mine (Loping Plains).

Comment

You cannot base this on current raid content or any raid content? I dont think people are really asking for something comparable to SoF or TBS quality, but shouldnt this be a prized item? No tank who raids content from the last 4 expansions would use this item. The click would be the only upgrade (and only a small upgrade) to a small precentage of people who didnt allready have a better click.

I also think that it is funny that this has primarily a Solteris Melee Effect in Dodge V but a DoN or OoW level click on it.

I just think the reward is a big dissapointment due to the limitations put on quest rewards. I would love to be able to wear the item instead of it wasting a spot in my bank.

--Poohjure

For rings the only thing I've managed to find is off Ragewind in Devestation which I guess is technically a raid since the drops are type 8 and he has a raid ooc timer, but was regularly 1 grouped in the expansion it came from including by non raiders. That ring is Warped Emerald Ring of Insanity. That's only 30 ac however, but a level 70 30 ac ring vs a level 80 30 ac ring. I would think there would be some progression there.

Ears are alittle easier, if I understand the new JC system properly it would be possible to make a 39 AC 250 hp/mana/end (if it's changed so you can aug two of the same type 10 in an item). Alternatively you could do I think a 29 AC 325 hp ear? Both of those are rather close to this item. Aside from that there is Colossus Shard Earring which is technically a raid item again but was also 1 grouped by non raiders in the expansion it came from, and again was from PoR so level 70 content in an open zone. Yellow Fang Earring is out of a level 60 zone, granted it has no stats other than AC however level 60 and level 80 items having the same AC isn't really right.

HP/Mana can't really be found that's comparable however but a large portion of this is due to massive HP inflation on items for the past couple expansions now which means pretty much anything from a prior expansion won't have comparable amounts. Because of this, any disagreement over an item being too weak ends up having to be looked at as "is the item too close to alternative items?" or "is the item significantly better to old items?" or "does the item's rewards justify the effort placed into it?" rather than simply "is the item better to alternative items?" since the HP/Mana will not get equaled without jumping from non raid to raid items.

If all stats have to be modified by the same amount in a script what if the item had rather high base stats which could then be altered by slot? From what I understand whole numbers have to be used on the percentages (not really sure on item stats) so fine tuning isn't really possible but what if the stats were:
                          Base
                          AC: 78
                          STR: 54 DEX: 54 STA: 54 CHA: 22 WIS: 22 INT: 22 AGI: 54
                          HP: 920 MANA: 880 ENDUR: 880
                          SV FIRE: 36 SV DISEASE: 36 SV COLD: 36 SV MAGIC: 36 SV POISON: 36
                          Shielding: 3 Spell Shield: 3 Avoidance: 22 Stun Resist: 3 DoT Shielding: 3 Attack: 35 Regeneration: 13

From there the item could be given stats as a percentage of the base depending on the slot, for example Ear - 44%, Finger - 44%, Neck - 50%, Waist - 53%, Wrist - 59%.

That would place the final stats on the melee/hybrid version at:
                          Ear/Finger 44%
                          AC: 34
                          STR: 24 DEX: 24 STA: 24 CHA: 10 WIS: 10 INT: 10 AGI: 24
                          HP: 405 MANA: 387 ENDUR: 387
                          SV FIRE: 16 SV DISEASE: 16 SV COLD: 16 SV MAGIC: 16 SV POISON: 16
                          Shielding: 1 Spell Shield: 1 Avoidance: 10 Stun Resist: 1 DoT Shielding: 1
                          Attack: 15 Regeneration: 6

Neck 50%
                          AC: 39
                          STR: 27 DEX: 27 STA: 27 CHA: 11 WIS: 11 INT: 11 AGI: 27
                          HP: 460 MANA: 440 ENDUR: 440
                          SV FIRE: 18 SV DISEASE: 18 SV COLD: 18 SV MAGIC: 18 SV POISON: 18
                          Shielding: 1 Spell Shield: 1 Avoidance: 11 Stun Resist: 1 DoT Shielding: 1
                          Attack: 18 Regeneration: 7

Waist 53%
                          AC: 41
                          STR: 29 DEX: 29 STA: 29 CHA: 12 WIS: 12 INT: 12 AGI: 29
                          HP: 488 MANA: 466 ENDUR: 466
                          SV FIRE: 19 SV DISEASE: 19 SV COLD: 19 SV MAGIC: 19 SV POISON: 19
                          Shielding: 1 Spell Shield: 1 Avoidance: 12 Stun Resist: 1 DoT Shielding: 1
                          Attack: 19 Regeneration: 7

Wrist 59%
                          AC: 46
                          STR: 32 DEX: 32 STA: 32 CHA: 13 WIS: 13 INT: 13 AGI: 32
                          HP: 543 MANA: 519 ENDUR: 519
                          SV FIRE: 21 SV DISEASE: 21 SV COLD: 21 SV MAGIC: 21 SV POISON: 21
                          Shielding: 1 Spell Shield: 1 Avoidance: 13 Stun Resist: 1 DoT Shielding: 1
                          Attack: 21 Regeneration: 8

Alternatively, if it's possible changing the base Shielding, Spell Shield, Stun Resist, and DoT Shield to 3.39 would allow for the item to have 2 to each of those mods rather than 1 on the wrist while reamining at 1 in all other slots helping to counter the still low (although better) AC, which combined with the higher HP in that slot would leave it as a solid item there as well.
                          Last edited by Brael; 11-29-2007, 12:51 AM. Reason: Yay proofreading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quaras View Post
                            Can anyone who has completed the quest or even progressed along take their item and convert it into caster form so we can see what the progression would be like?

I converted & uploaded to Lucy today a couple of the caster versions, including the first one with effects here.

The effect at that level is a Lunar Whispers clicky @ 2 mana/tick. Presumably it'll have better regen spells for the next levels.

Comment

Blood For the Cure

1. Loot 5 Bloodfang Spider Egg 0/5 Bloodmoon Keep
                              2. Extract the Albumen 0/1 All
                              3. Create 1 Eron's Bloodfang Nostrum using tradeskills 0/1 ALL
                              4. Deliver 1 Eron's Bloodfang Nostrum to Eron Nurwistle 0/1 Dragonscale Hills
                              ???
                              ???

Comment

• Updated zones for step 3.

Here is the missing zone info for step 3 in initial summary post:

Step 3
                                Task Name: Food For the Injured

Step 1: Fish for 12 Farwander Gar [Loping Plains]
                                Step 2: Fish for 12 Wayunder perch [Loping Plains]
                                Step 3: Fish for 12 Dragonscale Bullhead [Dragonscale Hills]
                                Step 4: Fish for 12 Prawn [Dragonscale Hills]
                                Step 5: Fish for 12 Shaded Bonefish [Hills of Shade]
                                Step 6: Fish for 12 Shadow Trout [Hills of Shade]
                                Step 7: Loot 1 Twitching giant Frog leg [Loping Plains]

Both of needed the Dragonscale Hills fish types can be caught right at port in...just take guild hall port to DS, drop straight down against wall, and fish from inside the moat...no mobs path into agro range.

Both of needed drops in Loping Plains can be found in the pond just SW of zonein from steamfont. Just setup at opposite side of pond from bloodmoon assasin camp and nothing pathed into agro range
                                Last edited by Ratblaster; 11-29-2007, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X