No announcement yet.

The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how easy it is to group in Tacvi these days, but there are nice clickies there. If i'm right, you can take the expedition with 6 peeps as long as one is flagged.
    Niphreedil ~ Shadows of Doom ~ Antonius Bayle

Comment

• Originally posted by Niphreedil View Post
      I don't know how easy it is to group in Tacvi these days, but there are nice clickies there. If i'm right, you can take the expedition with 6 peeps as long as one is flagged.
      I don't know if you can get the expedition with 6 people, but you will need five of them flagged for Txevu to get in.

As for single grouping Tacvi, I seriously doubt even a TBS group could take down the MOb's that drop the clickies.
      Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

• The slot 3, 10 AC augment from Butcherblock is plate classes only, and only goes in neck and waist; plate classes probably have much better AC items in those two slots, so the augment isn't really a practical choice for anyone.

The Dodge +8% augment from Everfrost seems to be by far the best choice. The only others which might be even remotely useful for someone able to complete the quest would be 10 ATK + 2 regen from Butcherblock, 2 mana regen from Everfrost, and 20 ATK from South Ro.

Comment

• Nice work Ngreth, good luck on working on getting a more appropriate clicky for the caster version.
          Telorea
          Proud Member of Forgotten Nemesis
          Premier Barbarian Smith of Firiona Vie
          Member of the 2100 (2400) Club

Comment

• Yay, more AC. 5 is a pretty good number, that allows 4/8 slots it can be used in to give some AC progression to non raiders, the slot 3 if that's true about LDoN augs still makes it even better allowing for better AC in a 5th slot (and maybe 6th... not positive) as well.

I do have a complaint about the clicky too though. FoD3 is alittle weak, while it's true that FoD3 is an improvement over what non raiders had access to prior to SoF it's also true that FoD4 is available to non raiders in SoF. Examples of these items are Pitted Iron Ring and Polished Horn Ring both of those are FoD3 additionally, non raiders have access to FoD4 in the form of Shroudsteel Pauldrons considering the fact that there is a FoD6 available for raiders and that FoD5 has been available since TSS I think that would be a good choice for the click or possibly FoD4 since the item did get a base AC adjustment plus a type 3 aug slot but I still think 5 would be the best.

I'm alittle less well versed in caster clickies (although I do play a Cleric as well so I have some idea) but Aura of Taelosia needs a big adjustment. For comparison:
            Aura of Taelosia (7 hp/mana) -
            Zirkanamef's Stormhide Mantle is available for non raiders (infact, I think this same argument can apply that that item has too weak of a clicky as well based on its other stats)

Maelin's Methodolical Mind (8 hp/mana) -
            Sash of the Slavers
            Girdle of Efficiency (yes, this counts as "raid" loot, but the fact is it's high end level 70 group content in an open zone, it's more than applicable for level 80's, in addition to the fact that weapons equal to the ratio from despair become available in TBS and weapons are usually far behind armor in progression, so this one is more than reasonable to include by now)

Reyfin's Random Musings (6 hp/9 mana) -
            Crystal-Adorned Cloak

Given those clickies I would have to agree with Chaotic Enlightenment being the click of choice for 6 hp/10 mana regeneration or better yet Breath of Selay (ID 15876 not 9624... 2 spells same name) for 10/10 regeneration.
            Last edited by Brael; 12-04-2007, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• I've just started doing this quest and didnt read all of the posts made in this thread. Sorry if this is a repost.

Is there anyway to make the combines less then 101 skill no fail? It really sucks when I have a 296 base Jewelcraft skill and I fail on the first step of refining the dragonscale ore (trivial 100). I can easily replace the ore, but if I had to replace something just a bit harder like the 7 soot in the pottery stage, it would take several hours from several people because I failed a combine 200+ skill points below my lvl.

I looked over the combins a bit and noticed a few quest unique combines are sub 101 trivial, many even after the '400 combine' and I wonder if those too have a chance of failing?

Comment

• currently Im stuck with the fletching part. I managed to do the boxes combine before i combined the book. Which resulted in that I have the mold for the arrow. But I can't make another combine for the boxes. keep saying im doing something wrong. 48 hours and counting on the petition....
                Grants The Victorious
                Lord
                Master Artisan
                Yaella Lonn
                Exarch
                Zend Lonn
                Magician
                Tinkering 300 Spell Reserach 300

Comment

• Nightops - Get JC to 300 and the 100 skill combine will become no-fail. If you're 200 above the trivial unmodified, it's a no fail combine.

Comment

• Had a spider drop the bit for the brewing task in one of the 12 man raids done in BMK but guildie said did not get a task update for it. So regular zone only, no instance spider drops work? Seeing the repop timer adjusted out in the patch for BMK will probably make this a bit easier to clear to the spiders now ffs.

Comment

• Anyone know what mob type drops Shadow Counting Page 2? Page 3 drops off the phoboplasms, Page 5 drops off the monk skeleton.

Whoops, crypt ghouls south entrance, I should have searched the thread first. I think I can slow-solo the last page, yay.
                      Last edited by Zolina; 12-05-2007, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zolina View Post
                        Anyone know what mob type drops Shadow Counting Page 2? Page 3 drops off the phoboplasms, Page 5 drops off the monk skeleton.
                        Ghouls I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zolina View Post
                          Anyone know what mob type drops Shadow Counting Page 2? Page 3 drops off the phoboplasms, Page 5 drops off the monk skeleton.
                          ehm, nm me... didnt see the post above
                          Grants The Victorious
                          Lord
                          Master Artisan
                          Yaella Lonn
                          Exarch
                          Zend Lonn
                          Magician
                          Tinkering 300 Spell Reserach 300

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightops View Post
                            I've just started doing this quest and didnt read all of the posts made in this thread. Sorry if this is a repost.

Is there anyway to make the combines less then 101 skill no fail? It really sucks when I have a 296 base Jewelcraft skill and I fail on the first step of refining the dragonscale ore (trivial 100). I can easily replace the ore, but if I had to replace something just a bit harder like the 7 soot in the pottery stage, it would take several hours from several people because I failed a combine 200+ skill points below my lvl.

I looked over the combins a bit and noticed a few quest unique combines are sub 101 trivial, many even after the '400 combine' and I wonder if those too have a chance of failing?
                            Well there is a way, by lowering the trivial, but I have absolutely no plans to do so. you only had a 1% chance to fail at that skill. those combines are made so that if you get yourself a 300 skill it is no fail. He does suggest at the beginning of the quest that you SHOULD have 300 skill, but he is willing to work with you at 250.

And look at your math. It is not 200+ bellow your skill (mods don't count here) but 196. at 200+ it **IS** no fail. For every 40 BASE skill over the trivial of the item the base 5% fail chance is reduced by 1%. So at 296 you had a 1% chance to fail.
                            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                            Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200
                            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• Originally posted by Grants View Post
                              currently Im stuck with the fletching part. I managed to do the boxes combine before i combined the book. Which resulted in that I have the mold for the arrow. But I can't make another combine for the boxes. keep saying im doing something wrong. 48 hours and counting on the petition....
                              I need MUCh more information.

Where did you get all three boxes? (I need to know all three)
                              How many boxes are in your inventory.
                              How many are gem covered, and how many are uncovered.
                              Which of the uncovering combines have you done
                              Where are you doing it
                              What time is it when you are doing it
                              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                              Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200
                              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• I'll be doing the fletching boxes fairly soon, quick question: I know there's a death penalty for a bad combine or bad choice, but do I lose the boxes as well? Death is no big deal, but getting those boxes again could be a major pain since most of the named box droppers are not soloable and nobody wants to hunt the common mobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X