• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news!
    Xcoz of Sapientia

Comment

• Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
      ...and a slot 3 added.
      Dont want to sidetrack thread with this question, but inquiring minds want to know...has anyone seen slot-3 augs yet? I know that in prior expansions we had some augs marked ALL/ALL (like BiC, DoN vendor resist augs, etc), but now augs explicitly list all available slots and exclude slot 3. Is slot-3 to be the SoF equivalent of TBS purity aug slot 13? or will there be other augs for it?

Comment

• Thanx for the response Ngreth, I did not know about the zone level restriction. Oh well I just started BIC so will be busy for a long while :-)

Comment

• ATM, slot 3 augs are LDON effect augs and aren't the hottest thing around. Tanks might like the dodge one from Everfrost (750 cost I think).

Comment

• Originally posted by jordax View Post
            A few steps further for the flethicng part:

For the second combine I am a little stuck, I need a swirling shadow essence and I have no idea how to make that. I looked at how other essences were made and many are just a water flask + one item, but that didnt work. Any ideas?
            Rangers/Druids get a self buff that lets them see the slithering that are in the crypt in HoS, also mage/wiz can use Aspect of Zomm which allows them to see the mobs as well. From there just /assist and attack. I ran around them quite a bit, even pulling through them and never got aggro finally just cleared down the ramp and then assisted the mage using AoZ and voila had a target to swing at...well actually 2 but got the parts to finish the arrows off. The buggers are all over just clear and then find a class that can see them.

If you lug your JC kit to Eron for final task combine like I do, make sure to snag an uncut demantoid as well, will save a trip.

Comment

The final item has had 5 AC added to both melee and caster version and a slot 3 added. I do not know if it will make the patch, but it is going in (changes already made)

Also all steps with a clicky have been changed to work when not equipped (they are still class limited)
              thx for that. i really enjoy the quest, but as a tank i was a bit concerned about the low ac too. beside that, its really fun. and its great to have a dev, who is actually listening, communicate with the community and than even change stuff based on arguments.... thx again!

caero snowbunniesbane
              80 paladin of tunare
              forgotten nemesis
              firona vie

Comment

The final item has had 5 AC added to both melee and caster version and a slot 3 added. I do not know if it will make the patch, but it is going in (changes already made)

Also all steps with a clicky have been changed to work when not equipped (they are still class limited)

Thanks! This does make it worth a lot more consideration by plate melee. (Gah...unless I get reeeelly lucky over the next month, think I've talked myself into skilling up on three more tradeskills . . .)

I do like the idea of an augment for a tradeskill quest. If it is too late to consider making this one convertible between melle item/ring item/caster item, it is an interesting idea to consider for the expansion next year - would also provide a solution to catering to all of the tradeskill community, raiders and non-raiders alike.

Thanks, House Ogre!

Garshok
                Garshok
                95th Dreadlord, Povar-Quellious, 300 Ogre Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
                (glad the climb to 300 is finally over)

Zopharr
                95th Priest of Brell, Povar-Quellious, 300 Dwarven Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
                (holds his 15% smithing trophy in his off hand and pretends to dual-wield - and hopes the Holy Dirt of Brell he's carried for twelve years will have a use in the new expansion)

Rishathra
                95th Shaman of Inny, Povar-Quellious, 300 Troll Grand Master Smith
                (got so tired of looking for a troll smith for armor that I made one)

Marzanna
                95th Necromancer, Povar-Quellious, 300 Tinker - Tailor
                (still working on Solder, Spy)

Comment

• I think its great how responsive you are to our questions Ngreth. I guess the one final plea I would make is to either change the clicky in some way (which I realize is difficult) or make the melee version available for casters. I would happily sport the melee version but the lack of impact of the clicky really impairs the viability of the item. Thanks again for considering.
                  Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
                  Tailor (300)
                  Brewer (300)
                  Baker (300)
                  Jewelcrafter (297)
                  Potter (251)
                  Smith (251)
                  Fletcher (235)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post

/cheer TY Ngreth - done as of 12/03/07!!

Hellfire Club ~ Home of the Time Lords! ~

Comment

• Thanks for the boost Ngreth! Anyone have a list of Type 3 augments I can put into it? I found these two which look nice:
                      Dodge +8% (Miragul)
                      10AC (MMC)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratblaster View Post
                        Dont want to sidetrack thread with this question, but inquiring minds want to know...has anyone seen slot-3 augs yet? I know that in prior expansions we had some augs marked ALL/ALL (like BiC, DoN vendor resist augs, etc), but now augs explicitly list all available slots and exclude slot 3. Is slot-3 to be the SoF equivalent of TBS purity aug slot 13? or will there be other augs for it?
                        Merloc has some plans for slot 3. I do not feel at liberty to say because I am not sure what he has already said. I am willing to say that they will continue to be "different" and not the normal stat items.

For now it is just the LDoN stuff, but there are definitely plans for more to be added to SoF.
                        Last edited by Ngreth Thergn; 12-04-2007, 09:43 AM.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                        Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200
                        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• Originally posted by Quaras View Post
                          I think its great how responsive you are to our questions Ngreth. I guess the one final plea I would make is to either change the clicky in some way (which I realize is difficult) or make the melee version available for casters. I would happily sport the melee version but the lack of impact of the clicky really impairs the viability of the item. Thanks again for considering.
                          We will consider the clicky, but that one needs more thought than just "adding" that stats and slots did.

After talking to Merloc he was ready to make the AC change, but did not want to start too high and have to nerf it, so started low and made this change up. Some of the very good posts doing exactly what I asked for here and showing group gear helped him decide to upgrade it AND with a 10AC aug possible for the slot 3 I feel even more justified at not making it too high to start with.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                          Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200
                          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• I'm not certain the 10 AC aug will fit in it, some of those Type 3 augs are slot restricted. I'll post a complete list of Type 3 LDoN augs that will fit in it when I get home from work.

Comment

• Dodge Augs

Best I was able to find was this one (at least for casters):

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=42150

Also thank you Ngreth for considering changes to the clicky... Now to get folks to actually join me in the robot.
                              Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
                              Tailor (300)
                              Brewer (300)
                              Baker (300)
                              Jewelcrafter (297)
                              Potter (251)
                              Smith (251)
                              Fletcher (235)

Comment

We will consider the clicky, but that one needs more thought than just "adding" that stats and slots did.
                                The largest objection to the mana regen click effect is that it isn't as strong for pure casters as an easily grouped (even at the time I did it in pickup groups) click effect with better mana regen (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=70611).

The hybrids may have a different perspective on it, since they have historically gotten the aura/breath line with more hp/less mana per tick than the casters with MMM/RMF/CE, but as a cleric, I can't justify trading 1 mana/tick for 3hp/tick.

It's difficult to make any other comparison involving this click effect that doesn't refer to a raid item, since there are no other group items with it except the Phylactory, also a tradeskill quest item.

Comment

Working...
                                X