some poison related updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some poison related updates

Ngreth, I have no idea when you did smuggle those in but thanks a lot! (Actually, I wanted to ask for those but thought I better wait till your workload of the new expansion gets a bit lower.) I am very grateful for all the poison updated you did for us.

Now, what have we gotten:
    - A couple of old PoP poison have not learnable. All the poisons with sketches (from the master sketch quest) are learnable now and have the expected trivials of 231 and 322.
    - Some items for poisons can be stacked better now: drop of mercury (50), golden ember powder (50), plague mites (50), crystallized sulfur (100), dust of decay (100)

Thanks a lot!

Some things I did notice about the changes:
    - The naming in the recipe book is a bit inconsistent now. Some recipes feature the used sketch in name, others don't. First I thought it might be because of the recipes I had learned before the change. But all the Master Sketch recipes I have learned today (Oct. 8th) and these also have inconsistent names. Here is a list of the naming of the recipes in the recipe book, sorted by the used sketch:

Dip Resist Sketch:
    - Itching Madness (Dip Resist Sketch)
    - Scratching Madness (Dip Resist Sketch)
    Remiss Sketch:
    - Confusing Whisper (Remiss Sketch)
    - Dreams of Drusella
    Sluggish Sketch:
    - Anger of Incapacitation (Sluggish Sketch)
    - Rage of Incapacitation
    Vein Rot Sketch:
    - Wasted Flesh
    - Withering Flesh (Vein Rot Sketch)
    Master Sketch:
    - Itching Madness (Master Sketch)
    - Scratching Madness (Master Sketch)
    - Confusing Whisper (Master Sketch)
    - Dreams of Drusella
    - Anger of Incapacitation (Master Sketch)
    - Rage of Incapacitation
    - Wasted Flesh
    - Withering Flesh (Master Sketch)

- I am very happy about the raised stack size for the items (bank space!) but I somehow fail to see the pattern here. First I thought this might be a side effect of stack size changes for another trade skill, but some of the items are only used by rogues. So this has to be specially for us The situation of PoP poison item now:

Stacking to 20 (not changed):
    amber resin, autumn crocus, deepwater ink, fungus clump, nodding blue lily, phosphorous powder, rock fern, smashed war grubs, tainted planar essence, twilight worms, undead shissar venom sack, wax flower, all vials and suspensions

Stacking to 50:
    drop of mercury, golden ember powder, plague mites

Stacking to 100:
    crystallized sulfur, dust of decay

Not checked:
    nardoo, shissar venom sack, diaku blood

Anyway, /bow Ngreth

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle
    Me, a rogue? Oh no, I am just a tourist, walking by.

Adding Phosphorous Powder to the list would be nice too... but it still only stacks to 20's.

Rasky
    Quell

Comment

Golden ember powder stacks up to 100

Comment

Usually a recipe only gets the parenthetical extra if there are multiple ways to make the item. I see above for sure at least one. Can you be sure all in that list have an alternate way of making them?

As for the stacking... It was a list that was given to me by players... so I can look at that more complete list.
        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
        Grandmaster Smith 250
        Master Tailor 200
        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn
          Usually a recipe only gets the parenthetical extra if there are multiple ways to make the item. I see above for sure at least one. Can you be sure all in that list have an alternate way of making them?
          All of the listed poisons can be made with an XXX sketch or the Master sketch. So, all should have the parenthetical extra. (That's what the master sketch quest is about: You collect XXX sketches, that are useable on their own. Once you have all four, you can combine them into the master sketch. It saves space and you can still combine all the poisons the single poisons you could do before.)

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn
          As for the stacking... It was a list that was given to me by players... so I can look at that more complete list.
          Oh, I am happy about any. If you need more input on a poison list, I can start a thread here and over in the safehouse.

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle
          Me, a rogue? Oh no, I am just a tourist, walking by.

Comment

amber resin, deepwater ink, undead shissar venom sack, all vials and suspensions

Will be staying at 20 for now.

The rest I will be looking at
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
            X