Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when rec/req level on new JC stuff might happen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all just pixels.........

Comment

Ya know, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
      Although I like the standpoint of "no level restrictions", however adding the cavot: "the item just wont function as you intend." hehe
      yeah yeah people will cry nerf I'm sure but come on already, do what your supose to do with this type stuff, use it and abuse it until it gets fixed. Worried about all that pp you spent twinking out your lowbie toons, well since you can level up faster then ever take this 25% xp boost week to get them all up above the inc recommended levels and your all set.

I plan on gearing up my sadly out of date cleric bot.

Comment

I really don't see what the issue is for not having required/recommended levels attached to this gear.

Yes, it's different and perhaps a bit unusual to see a level 1 wearing gear that has up to 475 HP on it. However, I see the situation like this:

1) There is almost no game under level 65. Having high end jewelry available to low end characters will help them progress up to a point where there is a more group friendly environment.

2) Because there is almost no low end game, the argument that "people won't learn their classes" is invalid. People who are levelling up already have to pretty much do everything on their own anyways.

3) True newbies are not going to be able to afford the high end jewelry (for the most part), so the integrity of the low end game (heh, what's left of it) is not compromised. Sure, they can get good stuff from their friends when they start, but the only difference between this and other old fashioned twinking is the degree to which it is done.

The high end jewelry is a good thing. It allows new/low level characters advance to a point where they can actually play the game the way it's intended to be played. Why change that?
        Strike the Forge.

Master Artisan Tyranthin Bladesong
        Realm of the Rathe

Smithing: 300/345/3...Jewelcrafting: 300/345...Pottery: 300/336...Baking: 300/336...Brewing: 300/336...Tailoring: 300/345/3...Fletching: 300/336

Keijcravtx Mindbomber, Gnome Extraordinaire, Jewelcrafting: 300/315...Tinkering: 300/336...Research: 227/238

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
          I have been thinking it may be "both"

Where there is a lower level on the metals, to not affect some of the lower powered gems as much, and then some of the really powerful gems may get a recommended level on them. And then the formula will take the highest between the gem and the metal on a per gem basis (since these are scripted this can be done unlike the in game system that always takes the highest of all things)

None of this has been decided at this point though. So please no "freaking out" yet lets see what we do decide on first.
          The "powerful gems" are the ones that are Attunable and have become No Trade on the twinks. If the rec lvl is attached to the "powerful gems", there will be a bigger outcry than if the rec lvl is attached onto the metal which is still tradable.

It's all about perception. In the end, whether the rec lvl is on the Dwerium or on the Taaffeite, forcing a lvl 1 to restick his Taaffeite into Silver will end up with 1 hp/mana. Why make them cry out because they *see* the rec lvl being attached on an Attuned item instead of a Tradable item?

Comment

You know what really stinks about all this whining about rec/req is that for you main server people don't consider how this all affects us on The Combine, we won't be seeing Dwerium for atleast 6 more months (PoR is the next expansion to open) and the max level is 70 there until TSS expansion gets open so all we get is Palladium and only 76% effective. Am I complaining?

Ngreth do you ever get input from TS'rs from The Combine?

Ngreth tells you, "hrm. oops." !!!!

Comment

yup.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

i see an update scheduled for 16th...anything on dwerium goin in then?
                Brandu 75 chanter
                Hidean 72 necro

Comment

Well.

Recommended level data is going in.

But I have hit a code issue.

If that code issue is not fixed, it will just be the data with no effect.
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                    Well.

Recommended level data is going in.

But I have hit a code issue.

If that code issue is not fixed, it will just be the data with no effect.
                    So please no "freaking out" yet lets see what we do decide on first.
                    Ok. I will commence with the freaking out. Rec level on the metal? Gems? Combination?
                    Sister Amparo - Martial Artist

Comment

The changes went in

The recommended levels went on some of the gems, none of the mounts.
                      Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200

Comment

not to sidetrack, but the new cultural 70-74 recipes for armor.. going in on Wed?
                        Master Artisan Kintai LoMεin
                        80 Shaman
                        Erollisi Marr
                        3000 club

Comment

nope
                          Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200

Comment

Any ideas when?
                            Master Artisan Kintai LoMεin
                            80 Shaman
                            Erollisi Marr
                            3000 club

Comment

Nope
                              Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Thanks for the updates Ngreth!

Comment

Working...
                                X