No announcement yet.

700 club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to you! That's exactly how I did my tradeskills. First the 700 club, then 1050 club, now I'm trying for the 1400 club (almost there)! These were all personal achievements to me and gave a great sense of accomplishment. It's a good way to motivate yourself by having these intermediate goals. There are always those who shoot from 0 to 250 all at once but I can't do that. It's like before you graduate college, you have to graduate from high school/middle school/etc.

Comment

i need a reason to work on tailoring and pottery now instead of waiting till the end to finish them. jc can be bought up in a day. smithing 165 i am very proud of. much happier with it even though it took less effort than tailoring 124. ug. oh well. i do think its a very nice goal in the mean time.

Maker of Picnics.
      Cooker of things best left unidentified.
      "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

I think "having a reason" is the best way to aproach tradeskills. My biggist motivator has been the Coldain Prayer Shawl quest. Now for # 8 I see it will be back to tailoring and smithing to add a few more points "just to make sure--if sure can be made". The origianl motivators of finding someting to do with the strange things I found while foraging and fishing are still there--just not as strong as before.
        Treefriend of Bartoxx
        Wood Elf Druid, worshiper of Tunare
        65 seasons
        Tradeskill novice
        GM Brewer, Baker, Jewler
        200 Fletching, Fishing, Tailoring
        221 Pottery
        239 Smithing

Comment

1750 club is so over rated. 252 not 250 I would think is the goal per tradeskill and you need a mod to reach it. Most common mods are +5% so 240 skill is all that is typically needed with a mod to achieve 252 skill. At that point gaining more points in making things for yourself, friends, or to sell is fine, but to do so just to say I have 250 raw skill is both a waste of time and money.

Myself I'm am working towards 1764 club which is 252 with mods in all 7 tradeskills. I only need 12 more points in tailoring and I will have reached my goal.

Comment

Hit a milestone today, figured it was the best place for it, with tailoring to 200 finally I'm in the 1400 or 1800(af) club, take it as you will.

221 Blacksmith (+15%)
            213 Brewer
            200 Alchemist
            200 Baker
            200 Fisher
            200 Fletcher
            200 Jeweler
            200 Potter
            200 Tailor

I consider Blacksmithing done at 220 since it hit the 252 cap, and likewise will consider Brewing done at 240 with Geerlok, so this is probably it for me for a good long while.
            Rorgg Bearskin
            The Ogre of Love, Bertoxx
            GM Alchemist, Blackmith, Brewer, Jeweler, Potter
            200 Baker, Fletcher, Tailor

Comment

Yay!

I've finally made the 707 club!!

*dances with joy*

I was putting off jewelcrafting for so long until this weekend when I hit lvl 45 (finally old enough for KEI) and decided it was as good a time as any to take up that last tradeskill

My new goal is the 1050 Club - tailoring here I come
              Journey(wo)man Artisan Kentarre 56 Wood Elven Ranger
              Journey(wo)man Tinkerer Nurkina 30 Gnomish Wizard
              <Eternal Journey>

Comment

Question for Andyhre

Andyhre playing Guiscard, 53rd-level Ranger, E`ci
                Proud member of the 707 Club, recent inductee into the 1295 club as well
                Ok, I just have to ask... what is the 1295 club?

*head spinning from too many numbered clubs*
                <Eternal Journey>

Comment

CONGRATS!!! 707 is hard, and it was JC that was last for me as well. As for tailoring, people complain about Wu's, but having gotten yourself to 131 (doing crystalline silks?) the path to 158 really isn't so bad. Post 158 has been massively expensive (I did LoY ribbons) and post 187 has been scared.

As for the 1295, I was in the 1050 until recently everything that had been lagging shot past 175, so I was going to do 7*175, when I realized I was actually eligible for the very articifial 7*185, which I hope is 1295, b/c that's what it's supposed to mean.

My goals:

EDIT: Finished Smithing to 200. ("Finish" in the sense that it will be a long time until I have New Tannan Craft Mastery AA's, and fletching >200 already). I had some LDoN smithing tempers and they did the job.

Finish Pottery. Getting to 199 will be Casserole Dishes. The 200th point will be tricky, I guess Blue Ceramic Bands, if I can get some help from other classes.

GM Fletching. I'm making my own cams and doing Compund Darkwoods, with plans to do some wood elf cultural along the way as well.

That would get me to something like

250/200/200/200/200/199/187

with pottery at 199 and tailoring being 187. At that point, I suppose I'll slowly work on it, but slowly, and eventually see if I can get to the 1450, but I suspect 1295 is as high as I will claim for a while.
                  Last edited by andyhre; 11-19-2003, 09:00 AM.
                  Andyhre playing Guiscard, 78th-level Ranger, E`ci (Tunare)
                  Master Artisan (2100 Club), Wielder of the Fully Functional Artisan's Charm, Proud carrier of the 8th shawl

with occasion to call upon Gnomedeguerre, 16th-level Wizard, Master Tinker, E`ci (Tunare)

and in shouting range of Vassl Ofguiscard, 73rd-level Enchanter, GM Jewelcrafter, E`ci (Tunare)

Comment

Originally posted by andyhre
                    As for the 1295, I was in the 1050 until recently everything that had been lagging shot past 175, so I was going to do 7*175, when I realized I was actually eligible for the very articifial 7*185, which I hope is 1295, b/c that's what it's supposed to mean.
                    Ahh, well that is a feat. Tailoring to 185 is no small challenge. Congratulations And another big congrats on the smithing! That's quite an accomplishment I'm not sure why (maybe I spent too much time with dwarves in my youth) but I really really enjoy smithing. If I wernt a wood elf ranger, I would probably make smithing my GM skill... Ah well, I can dream of AA points some day

Yup, yup. I'm not worried about getting tailoring up - to 158 at least. The only thing I'm waiting on for that is that I am skilling up a gnome tinker-chanter bot... Vials of Viscous mana are really not for sale in our Bazaar (well, i saw some last night for 50pp each). I'm curious though as to how much you spent on ribbons - I have a ton of dye components and was definately thinking to use ribbons to 167, but 20 more points using the plat ribbons is a little daunting! Ive started collecting all the reasonably priced excellent sabertooth hides out of the bazaar, but I think I only have one stack so far... I imagine I will just combine a stack at a time as I can get ahold of them and take forever to get tailoring up...

Fletching will also be my GM skill - eventually - I'm working on finishing up the 202 arrows and then I'll probably do cultural arrows mostly...

Smithing is coming right along - the stacks of padding are accumulating in the bank. I dont think I'll go past 188 at the moment in that one (though I do plan to hit 200 eventually)

I have the same plan as you for pottery - though for that 200th skill point I think I'm going to make unfired crucibles of escape. The only thing that isnt store bought is the heavy clay from the Gorge of King Xorbb - firing them requires a lot of work, but unfired should cost about 7pp plus the clay per combine.

Good luck on the the pottery and fletching!
                    <Eternal Journey>

Comment

Working...
                    X