Illustrious symbold and Glorious armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrious symbold and Glorious armor

Can anyone explain the reasoning behind Illustrious symbols not fitting in Glorious armor? I just can't seem to fathom why anyone would care.

I made me a set of armor over the weekend (I just hit 300 7/7 a week ago). it is, as I discovered, completely useless until I a) finish the Numinous symbol quest, or 2) pay the rediculus prices for the Numnious symbols in the bazaar.

One of the reasons I finally decided to max smithing was so I can make my own armor. Vah Shir smiths don't grow on trees...
    Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
    Smithing 300 7/7
    Tailoring 300 7/7
    Fletching 300 7/7
    Pottery 300 6/7
    Baking 300 7/7
    Brewing 300 6/7
    Jewelry 300 6/7
    Dagnora Drakkin
    Poison Making 300 7/7

The developers have not, to my knowledge, posted an explanation for it.

My personal feelings are that when they went to restrict the new VoA raid seals in slot 17 to only fit in the new VoA armor, they added the restrictions to all the cultural aug slots. To me, it should be very simple:

All symbols (type 16) should fit in all levels of armor that have the type 16 aug slots. Making Glorious armor + Illustrious symbols is in no way overpowered. Similarly, upgrading to Extravagant + Numinous armor is not a threat to armor alternatives and should therefore have no restrictions whatsoever on the type 16 augs.

It has been deemed that the raid cultural type 17 augs require some restrictions. At this point, I feel it is futile to argue that point although I am personally in favor of cultural being under its original conceptual model with the ability to "mix and match" and "upgrade 1 part at a time" and not have to recreate entire new sets all at once. At the very least, they should be backwards compatible. That is to say, Phantasmic seals from HoT should fit in Extravagant and lower. Veiled seals from VoA should fit in Glorious and lower.

These changes to me, would make the armor a viable option in this expansion without giving anyone 1)the ability to have T3 VoA raid armor on day 1, and 2) getting VoA raid armor without raiding VoA.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

The funny thing is that the VoA Raid Type 17s are barely better than the HoT Raid type 17s. Yes there's a focus upgrade and 5 more mana/hps/end, but the saves are 5 less etc so what am I missing? Why should even the VoA raid seals be restricted?
      Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Working...
      X