Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up Aug vendor... which augs to make for resale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I suggest if you do use caster effects use a stamina aug. Most caster will have int/wis way past cap.

Comment

Good thinking.. and stamina will work for both wis & int casters.

I've got the initial batch of stuff set up for sale now. Even traded off two of the augs for SoD's already.

I probably should have made one of the sight augs into faerune instead of just plainsight, oh well. Maybe when I get some more discordant scoriae in stock.

Next kyanite or sodalite I get will be faerune I think. Next mudflow will be mana pres.

-Bolas
      Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Hey guys I was wondering if you could give me a pice of good advice too...
        Thinking about making few Pure augsfrom Radiant cut titanite. Is it worth trying? Cus titanite has only CHEST slot. How do the they sell?
        Thank you and good luck with your combines

Comment

When you put an aug together, you need to ask yourself who will buy it. One thing to consider is what other augs can be put in the same slot. Any aug that only goes into a nonvis slot, can be replaced by a nice AC aug. So melee characters will be less inclined to use one. STA augs (Mudflow) are nice for bazaar geared folks, as they probably don't have STA maxed yet, other characters will. Using any of the 'flow' stones probably excludes serious raiders from buying the item, regardless of the effect.

Kyroskane brought up one market: min-maxers with good gear and lots of cash. They are likely to pay top dollar for a combination of effects unavailable elsewhere.

A second market is people with more cash than time to play. This would include folks who do a lot of tradeskills or play the bazaar game a lot. These people might be more accepting of a 'flow' aug if the stat is right (especially STA as it can be hard to max) and the effect is good, and also might buy the white gold inlay aug as opposed to paying top dollar for the pure aug. I could see a Radiant Mudflow of Sight selling well, for instance. Even though sight is available in other ways, there might be a market for that aug.

Boleslav Forgehammer

Comment

Not quite in the same league as Bolas, but I have a mudflow stone, which I have radiant cut, and just looted some slugworms. My smithing is rubbish, but White Gold Inlays are usually available in the bazaar for around 14k.

So would Radiant Mudflow of Efficiency be a good option for resale?

..And what would be a reasonable price? (on my server slugworms sell for 30k, inlay 14k, radiant mudflow around 15k+)... I know it's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but any thoughts would be welcome..

Maybe 120k??

Thanks in advance..

Comment

To answer my own question...

I made a Radiant Mudflow of Efficiency (12 STA and MPIV) and sold it for 150k the same night.

Comment

Radiant Stormflow of Dexterity
                SV COLD: +12
                Effect: Improved Dodge II (Worn)

Just to agree with the "focus" discussion. I had this one done (I had all ingredients) for myself (a magician) because I couldn't really see anything for minor focus effects that would really help me. But improved dodge is rather unique, so I thought I'd try it.

Comment

Anything with burning affliction would be nice. BA3 is only really available to casual players with a Coldain quest, and the item has crappy stats, so an aug would be much more preferable. Yeah there's a book from pohate minis and another item but they tend to be rather rare, and no rent mage summoned items poof of course. Your server's economy will really determine what's valuable though, but on maelin you'd probably make a killing with just about any of these augs.

EDIT:
                  Yeah BA5 is available in DoN merchants with other focii, but it's quite a bit of work and requires groups which I've found dificult to get. And 350pp/crystal is not cheap... And the level reqs are not very nice either.
                  Last edited by Xislaben; 04-18-2005, 12:20 PM.
                  Xislaben The Rising Sun - Crimson Tempest

Dead Things

Comment

How Augs Sell on Zek

Melee effects sell really well on Zek. Caster effects are really only good for twinks basically. Mos of them can be obtained from the DoN camps.
                    The effect augs are basically a prerequisite for sales. The flow augs basically just sit there unless it's MR resist.

Ferocity sells the best
                    Cleave second
                    Dodge third

After that it fluctuates some with the type of effect II vs III
                    I can typically make money in the aug market though. Generally 200-275K for things
                    70 Nemesis and Infiltrator
                    Master Poison Maker
                    Expert Jeweler
                    Expert Fletcher
                    Expert Brewer
                    Expert Smith

Comment

Aug vendor set up. The radiant howlite of pure sundering sold for 695k. Traded off the Radiant Sodalite of Sight and the Radiant Voidflow of Ferocity for two Sceptre of Destructions. But the rest are still there in vendor mode.

Magelo link for bazaar mule:

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1190655

Now I just gotta figure out how to price the augs. Thanks for all the advice on which augs to make, guys, it's appreciated.

-Bolas
                      Buy My Stuff!

Comment

A bit more experience from me. All these sold within 48 hours, so they may have been priced a bit cheap, but this is a whole new league for me cash-wise, so I'm not complaining.

Radiant Mudflow of Efficiency (MP4) - 150k
                        Radiant Voidflow of Ferocity - 150k
                        Radiant Voidflow of Virility (BA4) - 175k

Have another voidflow and some slugworms, so will probably go for another ferocity and maybe price it a little higher.

I also have a radiant cut boneflow (+12 wis), but in some ways it seems a waste to use slugworms on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X