Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Complete and Finished Guide to DoN Cultural Armor (lol, probably not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a silk swatch for silks, a hide for leathers. First post in this thread has the list. I pity the people having to hunt ice burrowers.

Comment

Actually... for the symbols, they just made the two ways to make them, either in any forge (including your culture) or in a sewing kit/loom (any it will fit in, including your cultural)

So it is more that there is a "tailoring" method, and a "smithing" method. They did not then again further split it out to a leather and silk or chain and plate.

Now that example I gave above just applies to journeymans... there will be different silk for expert and master, and grandmaster actually uses a "hide" instead of silk, so back to leather.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

So, NGreth, are you saying that the smithed and tailored symbols are identical? I have not been able to make a symbol in my cultural sewing kit. It works just fine in a forge.

For reference, I am a Vah Shir, making Master level symbols (have made them for tunic and leggings.) Both were tried in my cultural sewing kit first (because I forgot it was smithing) and then in a Tanaan Forge. I got the "These items cannot be combined in this container." message.

Note that the Vah Shir cultural hide at Master level is Shissar Scales...so, theoretically (if I understand the process), the smithed and tailored combines should have the same components.
        Last edited by Twistagain; 02-24-2005, 01:37 PM.

Comment

the smithed uses the scales you mentioned

the tailored uses Nightmare arachnid swatch instead.

they do both result in the same item. An example is here (asuming innurok... there is an equivalent for your god or non-god)
          http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=035000000000
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200

Comment

how to make the sewing kit? I missed something...

Finally finished the Master quest for the patterns, and I can't make the sewing kit

I have the needle mold and the thimble mold and the small brick of fortified bronze, and they will not combine (you cannot combine these item types in this container) in the forge in akanon at 1255 -707 -26. I tried with water flask and without, still no dice. I ran over to the loom and tried there too just in case and no dice, same message.

EDIT:

Wrong forge (duh) it was right aroung the corner...
            Last edited by Xislaben; 02-26-2005, 03:49 AM.
            Xislaben The Rising Sun - Crimson Tempest

Dead Things

Comment

wood elf silk recipes

well I have tried silk and dracnid silk (silk and swatches) with DNC so it might be that because there is no int caster that a wood elf can be there is no recipes to use this stuff.

Comment

Yes, You cannot make the armor, if no class of your race has it as their "best" armor (sure, tanks can wear silk... but....) (you will still need "silk" for the journeyman, expert and master SYMBOLS)
                Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200

Comment

Racnar Hides

I've been able to track down all the info I need to get started on my halfling cultural except for one thing... what mob in the WORLD drops Racnar Hides for elf/halfling master cultural augs? I've looked all over the internet and all I can find is the dropped Racnar piece of armor.
                  If anyone can help, I'd be forever in your debt. I've spent hours questing the books and now have hit a brick wall... hard... it hurts!
                  -Teenyweenee Meanie
                  69 Druid, Tholuxe Paells
                  GL BrindleWood

Comment

I also have a question that seems obvious. Can you skip the earlier quests and simply do the GM Task? I have it on my task list and am up to 11/120 in Stillmoon but want to make sure I don't have to go back and do the earlier pieces.
                    Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
                    Tailor (300)
                    Brewer (300)
                    Baker (300)
                    Jewelcrafter (297)
                    Potter (251)
                    Smith (251)
                    Fletcher (235)

Comment

aye I did journeyman then went right to master. i still ave expert in my quest list but i never even started it

and i just dinged 67 so no luck on 70 quest yet, although I can goto stillmoon and kill there np. pfft saying hell send me to my death... he should have more faith in his barbarian brother in arms

i dont die, I sacrifice myself for the gating classes

Comment

I've looked all over the internet and all I can find is the dropped Racnar piece of armor.
                        The only mobs of that name I'm aware of- the Racnar and the Tigerclawed Racnar, are both found in the Temple of Veeshan. Also, theres an Ancient Racnar that spawns in Veeshan's Peak.
                        Huntmaster Caelith Dawnrunner 85 +2071
                        Expert Smith- 300/15% Trophy/SM3/Salvage3

Hunter Sarth Ravenswood (retired)

Comment

Three weeks into this expansion and I still have no clue what to do.

I guess it's time to head to kelethin and actually try it out, but havong perpetually zero bank slots has deterred me to date.

So, in the interest of perhaps being a consumer for a while rather than a maker of armor, I ask the following:

I've seen really nice chest symbols for sale in my bazaar, with +20 ATK, some regen, etc. Nifty looking augments, set for my goddess (Tunare) they are, but all Slot 11. As a Chain-wearing, Wood Elf Ranger, what are my options for buying a Chest armor item in which to place this Augment? I currently wear Ornate there, and it is one of my last pieces not upgraded since Omens came out, so it'd be a nice spot to try something cultural, assuming the stats are decent. So what should I look for (like the name even, to do a search?) as a vehicle for this augment.

And if you are on E'ci and skilling up and want a customer, look for me. I;m a tradeskiller but I'm happy to support others when I'm nto able to get there right away myself.

Andy/Guiscard.
                          Andyhre playing Guiscard, 78th-level Ranger, E`ci (Tunare)
                          Master Artisan (2100 Club), Wielder of the Fully Functional Artisan's Charm, Proud carrier of the 8th shawl

with occasion to call upon Gnomedeguerre, 16th-level Wizard, Master Tinker, E`ci (Tunare)

and in shouting range of Vassl Ofguiscard, 73rd-level Enchanter, GM Jewelcrafter, E`ci (Tunare)

Comment

Originally posted by andyhre
                            I've seen really nice chest symbols for sale in my bazaar, with +20 ATK, some regen, etc. Nifty looking augments, set for my goddess (Tunare) they are, but all Slot 11. As a Chain-wearing, Wood Elf Ranger, what are my options for buying a Chest armor item in which to place this Augment? I currently wear Ornate there, and it is one of my last pieces not upgraded since Omens came out, so it'd be a nice spot to try something cultural, assuming the stats are decent. So what should I look for (like the name even, to do a search?) as a vehicle for this augment.
                            I would do a bazaar search for master or grandmaster, depending upon what level you are trying for (of course master will give you both). I'd also send a tell to the person selling Tunare augs since their main might be a wood elf to see if they can make the chain base armor for you.

Personally on Xev, I made one piece of plate, chain and leather master level wood elf armor...and one set of augs for Tunare... this way any wood elf class could buy and use the aug and find base armor.

Brickhaus
                            Brickhaus
                            85th Lvl Wood Elf Druid on Druzzil Ro (Xev, Combine)
                            &
                            Goodn
                            85th Lvl Human Paladin on Druzzil Ro

Comment

I may have to give up on this one already. I figured I'd start easy and try the one in Erud's Crossing. My best vision spells won't allow me to see anything underwater, and if I skim the surface and play tricks with angles, the sharks I can see are all too far away to hit with spells. I'm supposed to kill 20 of them, and it would be easy if I could just see the accursed things. If this is supposed to be the easy one, I'd hate to see what's next.

Comment

You might wish to edit the initial write-up explanation to include this information on making tailored symbols -

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=20744

And evidently, some folks are having trouble making the combine for Symbol patterns lately, the combine requiring "a quill" instead of "Quill" per posts in the DoN database. So if one DNC, try the other.

Kemie

Comment

Working...
                                X