Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Complete and Finished Guide to DoN Cultural Armor (lol, probably not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in regards to:
    ==========================
    The number of sheets/bars/swatches/hides are as follows:
    1: arms, hands, wrists

Plate & Chain Armor
    + X number of <level_of_mastery> <sheet_metal_name> Sheet (for plate)
    OR
    + X number of <level_of_mastery> <bar_metal_name> Bar (for chain)

+ 1 large brick of <culture_metal>
    + armor mold
    + <culture> smithy hammer
    in <culture> forge

======================

i combined
    elven smithy hammer, 1 journeyman's moonglade bar, a large brick of mithril and a high elf bracer mold in the high elf forge: DNC

has anyone successfully combined chain DoN cultural armor yet?

Comment

At the moment, it looks like the symbol pattern books to not wear out, while the armor pattern books is a short, easily repeated quest. Barring changes or new information, it should be practical to make up a backpack of patterns, do a run of tradeskills, then delete the leftover patterns.
      Master Artisan Taadieri
      Sanctus Arcanum - Drinal (formerly Tarew Marr)

Comment

Yes, for Wood Elves

Originally posted by greebmushroome
        in regards to:
        i combined
        elven smithy hammer, 1 journeyman's moonglade bar, a large brick of mithril and a high elf bracer mold in the high elf forge: DNC

has anyone successfully combined chain DoN cultural armor yet?
        I have a done a few for wood elves

Comment

Originally posted by Taadieri
          At the moment, it looks like the symbol pattern books to not wear out, while the armor pattern books is a short, easily repeated quest. Barring changes or new information, it should be practical to make up a backpack of patterns, do a run of tradeskills, then delete the leftover patterns.
          Did your armor book wear-out? If so, how many uses did you get?

And heya Taad, long time no see =)
          Last edited by Xulan; 02-21-2005, 12:57 PM.

Master Artisan Xulan Du'Traix
          Dark Elven Scourge Knight
          Sanctus Arcanum
          Drinal
          My Tradeskill Services

Comment

Originally posted by whatparadox
            I have a done a few for wood elves
            hrm... perhaps it's the case that there is no chain combine for high elves since there are no high-elf classes that wear chain? perhaps likewise for leather?

i'd been assuming all along that all races could make all four kinds of armor (plate, chain, silk, leather), but maybe each race only has ancestral armor for valid classes for that race (which makes sense given the ancestral story of the armor).

this may be an important detail....

Comment

My understanding was.. because the armor is race restricted, you wouldn't have combines for an armor that wasn't usuable by that race.

If indeed, all races have recipes for all 4 armor types (the wood elf listing for the silk swatches).. then a couple races would have skillup paths (which wouldn't be a bad thing). Other races aren't listed for some, like the dark elf leather. Could be that wood elf is just in as a typo.
              Last edited by Moraganth; 02-21-2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Argh

I'm confused

I have my "Journeyman's Book of Half Elven Culture" - where the *bleep* do i get the Ancestral Armor book...
                Deniidil Taureran, 73 Ranger, Tribunal
                300 Fletcher, 300Baker, 300 Jeweler,
                271 Brewer, 221 Smith, 201 Potter
                209 Tailor

Comment

Originally posted by Denidil
                  I'm confused

I have my "Journeyman's Book of Half Elven Culture" - where the *bleep* do i get the Ancestral Armor book...
                  The quest giver has 2 discussion paths. One gets you the tasks for the 4 books (journeyman's, expert's, etc), and the other discussion path gets you to a very simple quest where you will need to collect and return 4 very low level items. This will give you your Ancestral Book.

Master Artisan Xulan Du'Traix
                  Dark Elven Scourge Knight
                  Sanctus Arcanum
                  Drinal
                  My Tradeskill Services

Comment

gotcha

i actually caught on about two or three minutes after posting when i dug in my journal... just trying to get zombie skin at HIGH NOON in the karana's right now

*Sigh* i hope i get enough time to make the armor tonight

----------------------------

Here is some data i've been compiling as i've been running around

Half Elf Cultural info

Player Info: 54 Half Elf Ranger of Karana, Ally to Kelethin guards, 145cha

----- Merchant Niwiny (Kelethin) ----
                    ----- Mar Seddar (South Qeynos) ----
                    Small Brick of Rilsteel - 18p1g6s3c
                    Large Brick of Rilsteel - 52p0g4s8c
                    Block of Rilesteel - 83p4g9s
                    Compacted Backpack - 5g7s7c
                    Large Block of Clay - 1g4s
                    HQ Firing Sheet - 4s1c
                    Huge Block of Clay - 2p0g9s9c

----- Merchant Gaeadin (Kelethin) ------
                    Roll of Vellum - 5p1g9s9c
                    Roll of Good Quality Vellum - 6p2g9s9c
                    Roll of High Quality Vellum - 12p5g9s9c
                    Roll of Superb Vellum - 25p1g9s9c
                    Quill - ZERO MONEY (error?)
                    Large Bottle of Ink - 419g9s9c

----- Allia Moondancer (Felwithe) ----
                    Blessed Water of Tunare - 15p7g4s9c
                    209 Tailor

Comment

Some variations

Originally posted by Brickhaus
                      Master Symbol Patterns:
                      Kill 80 of x
                      Loot 40 of x
                      Give NPC 4 of x
                      Kill 5 of y
                      Loot 1 of y
                      Give NPC 1 of y
                      For part 1 of the Gnome Master quest I was asked to kill only 50 Elemental Warrior and loot only 10 Drop of Mercury. Maybe it's different for different races do to rarity tables or something.
                      Xislaben The Rising Sun - Crimson Tempest

Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by Xislaben
                        For part 1 of the Gnome Master quest I was asked to kill only 50 Elemental Warrior and loot only 10 Drop of Mercury. Maybe it's different for different races do to rarity tables or something.
                        Aye. They did try to #1 have it "close to home" where it made sense, or something smilar (erudites and sirens do make some sense since eruding and painel are coastal cities)
                        Then #2 tried to balance it to rarity when those were close to home. So since your part is more rare, they wanted less.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                        Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200
                        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

WE Druid Leather

I am so confused. I have been going around in circles for hours now, reading all the posts I can trying to sort this out. I think I am missing something minor - help
                          I decided to do the quest armor in order, from Journeyman on up. for fun. ha.

New Fier'Dal Cultural Sewing kit - complete

New Fier'Dal Cultural Emb Needle - complete

Journeyman's Brambleborn Swatchs ( MQ Cat Pelt) - complete

Journeyman's < > SYMBOL PATTERNS

Book : Journeymans's Book of Wood Elf Culture

Book : Ancestral Wood Elf Armor - book quotes sculpting tools, etc. ? smithing not tailoring

1. DO I have the wrong Ancestral book, therefore produced the wrong patterns? I just thought of this as I typed this... did I do the wrong quest?

2. Are there different quests for tailoring and smithing patterns?

3. I am confused on the SYMBOL Pattern name - this can not be the symbol augments I read about which seems to be an additional step after the armor has been produced.... Am I missing a step somewhere? What's with the symbol pattern name?

I have been trying to combine the needle, the pattern, a swatch(1) and the wrist symbol pattern in the sewing kit - NG - cannot be combined in this container type.

Sorry - very tired and I think I have the wrong patterns. Any suggestions?

Comment

w00tage - HEF cultural hammer FOUND - Katta

Combine Smithy Hammer

(Combine Smithy Hammer + Small Brick of Rilsteel + Permafrost Crystals) in Cultural Forge produces "Journeyman's Daybreaker Rilsteel Bar"
                            209 Tailor

Comment

Originally posted by forestwench

1. DO I have the wrong Ancestral book, therefore produced the wrong patterns? I just thought of this as I typed this... did I do the wrong quest?
                              you ahve the books for making the base patterns and the lowest level symbols.
                              2. Are there different quests for tailoring and smithing patterns?
                              one book witll make either. The Ancestral Wood Elf Armor with a compacted backpack, sculpting tool, huge block of clay, and a high quality firing sheet, in a Kiln (kiln not forge), will make molds for metal armor (chain and plate use molds)
                              The Ancestral Wood Elf Armor with a compacted backpack, Quill (quill, not a quill), Large bottle of ink, and a roll of plain partchent in a book binding will make the patterns for tailoring

3. I am confused on the SYMBOL Pattern name - this can not be the symbol augments I read about which seems to be an additional step after the armor has been produced.... Am I missing a step somewhere? What's with the symbol pattern name?

I have been trying to combine the needle, the pattern, a swatch(1) and the wrist symbol pattern in the sewing kit - NG - cannot be combined in this container type.
                              it is the symbol patern + Silk swatch + the water for the diety you want. no needle needed.
                              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                              Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200
                              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Thank you Ngreth.

I understand the books and patterns from them now.

I started a thread in the tailoring forum, discussing the same. Apparently I was on the wrong track. But why silk for leather armor?

I hope it is ok that I copy and post your reply there? Will you come on over and see what is said on that thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X