GoD progressive combination quest..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoD progressive combination quest..

OK there is a path .. where you can take stuff like taelosian wheat.. you can turn it in and get 2 back.. or you can.. do the evolving quest to eventually get 3 back instead of 2.. .(but initially its only 1 back instead of 2) so.. my question is: is this evolving aspect.. separate for each material?

Or can i evolve using like tea.. in order to eventually get 3 to 1 return on taelosian mountian wheat?

The return on processing each of the taelosian products from the GoD expansion is considered separately. For example, we farmed lots of Chunk of Taelosian Rock, seeing this to be a viable step in skilling up fletching (and making some nice arrows too). With that goal in mind and seeing it would take lots of rock to achieve that goal, we decided to convert the raw rock to Taelosian Stone ourselves, even though in the beginning the result was only one Stone. (It also saves a trip to Abysmal Sea.) Now we commonly process three Stones from every Rock. However, this does not in any way allow greater reward from Wheat or Sludge or any of the other GoD items. For these other conversions we make the trip to Abysmal Sea and request the NPC do the duty giving us a reliable outcome of two.

Comment

just out of curiosity, how many combines did it take to get to a reliable replacement (2) of the items - ie how many did you sacrifice to get the process done.

Comment

I never pursued the process of skilling up my own conversion abilities on items from this expansion. I seem to recall it takes quite literally hundreds of combines to reach the point of seeing 3:1 regularly. I never much had the need for hundreds of refined ingredients, so the 2-fer from the quest dude was always just fine with me!

Comment

I did jewelcraft and the nihilites didnt take that long before I was getting 2 regularly, then 2 always. Getting to 3 is a lengthy process though.

Comment

(Sorry for the slow response, I've been tied up with the H1N1 response)...

When you are doing the GoD combines (for any tradeskill) there are three tiers. Your start on Tier 1, transition to Tier 2 and eventually to Tier 3.

It is easy to tell when you make each tier. Starting out you have and icon with 1 on cursor. When you drop that one, if you got lucky (there is a passive mechanic that randomly fires), a second icon with a 1 on the cursor.

Once you complete 100 combines (now Tier 2) for that tradeskill (using the appropriate GoD telosian conversion item), you then get an icon with a 2 on the cursor when you complete the combine (and if you are lucky), when you drop/auto-inventory the item (really 2 items) a second icon will show up (with a 1).

After you complete 400 combines (Tier 3), you will then get only an icon with a 3 on your cursor.

Hope that helps.

Gorse

Comment

Working...
            X