Spicy Clam Chowder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Clam Chowder

In Cobalt Scar, the Othmir all talk about sharing a bowl of spicy clam chowder. Has anyone ever tried to make this? I tried a few basic combines, 2 or 3 clams, some algae spices (purchased right there), and a bowl, but no complex ones (no snapper oil, water, etc). I don't know if it would be faction only, or exp, or just a quest starter for something, or if it is just game color. Any ideas? I will go try a few things later.

Greys Stormwalker
    65th Ranger of Tunare
    Luclin
    65 Ranger of Tunare
    Luclin

From real life, i suggest these items as possible for the clam chowder: vegetables, milk, potato.

Comment

Originally posted by Paloverde
      From real life, i suggest these items as possible for the clam chowder: vegetables, milk, potato.
      The only potatoes in-game are foraged from an LDON dungeon, iirc, so I doubt it would have a potato in it.

My guess is that its just flavor-text, and not an actual quest.

Comment

Going by real life chowder, New England clam chowder has potatoes....but its not spicy either (at least not the kinds I've ever had). Now, the Manhattan clam chowder, which is red sauce based, doesn't have potatoes and I could see that concievably being spicy. I don't think anything tomato-ey (or something like it) exists in game either though, does it?

Comment

The Othimir food merchant sells clam chowder. I've seen the text you're talking about and wondered myself. (especially when we were all trying to find the hot sauce recipe)

It's not uncommon for people to put tabasco in their chowder, that maybe where it would get the spice.

Comment

Working...
          X