PoR Alchemy Trophy Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoR Alchemy Trophy Confusion

So, I've been away from EQ for awhile, due to being out of the country.

One of the things I did before I left (probably close to a year ago) was complete a couple of the PoR Tradeskill trophy quests on different characters.

I leveled my Shaman's Alchemist Trophy to the 'Expert' Level (lvl 5) and it currently is sitting on an additional 87% progress.

My unmodified Alchemy skill is 281 (301 with trophy)

I read the guides on the trophies

mboards(dot)eqtraders(dot)com/eq/showthread.php?t=25383

and

www(dot)eqtraders(dot)com/articles/article_page.php?article=q224&menustr=120058000000

My Question Is:

I don't want to sink a bunch of plat into mats for combines that aren't going to level up my trophy, as it probably takes on the par of 5-6 successful combines in my particular trophy tier to get an additional progress point.

With a skill of 281 and the trophy at Expert level (level 5)...

Is the trophy's "trivial range" of skillup-able recipes tied to your skill or to its own rank?

Should I be making items that trivial below my current skill of 281 or above it?

If above, what trivial range do I need to be in for skilling up my trophy?

*something in the 281 to 300 range?

or

*Distillate of _____ IX (trivials at 302 and is currently dark blue to me)

or

*Distillate of _____ X (trivials at 348 and is currently red)

I seem to remember something about making things that are 'too high' will not skill up your trophy either... so I wasn't going to even look at anything higher than the Distillate X's
    Veteran Kyrros - Human Ranger of Tunare for 65 Seasons. Bristlebane Server

Hmm.... with all these other people already 350+ in all their skills... what would I really give back to the Tradeskill community by raising all mine to 350+... I'd just become more competition, add the flooding market, lowering the value of people those who have gone ahead of me. Yeah, I could say "I did it"... but after I'm done 'doing' it, where would the fun be?

After ten years, could I possibly finally be too jaded to continue the time and money sink that is EQ Tradesklling?

LOL, I suppose that's what alts are for?

In order for your trophy to gain experience, you have to SUCCEED on combines that are NOT trivial to you (i.e. - trivial above your base skill of 281 right now.)

If you were under 250, you'd also have to make sure you only did combines that were trivial less than 100 above your skill, but everything above 350 is counted as 350, so you can ignore that.

Edit: BTW, a success will earn experience equal to the trivial (up to a max of 350). How that equates to percentage varies depending on tradeskill. Generally, when people talk about a trophy taking 750 successes (example), they are talking about 750 successes at a 350+ combine. So, 262,500 xp. You'll note that that would take 873 successes of a 301 trivial. So, the question becomes "What 301+ recipe can you obtain lots of ingredients for?"
    Last edited by Twistagain; 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM.

Comment

It has been my experience that you can skill up with any combine that is not trivial regardless of wether it is red or not. You will fail a lot though. You can also skill up with combines that are green with the trophy but light blue or dark blue to you when the trophy is not equipped. Best advice I can give you is lots of XI pots. The Lucidem is plentiful in TSS and TBS zones and cheap in bazaar and the potions will sell in baz or even to vendors to make some of your money back.

Deerrunner of Fennin Ro
      300 Alchemy AM3 Salvage3

Comment

Trophy level tied to your skill level

I have found that the trophy level (4/7 or 6/7 etc) is directly tied to your skill level, if your skill level is 300 your trophy will be 6/7 if it's 299 your trophy will be 5/7. I don't know the exact levels but they are tied to your RAW skill. If the trophy gains the amount of XP needed to evolve before you reach the appropriate RAW skill level, it will stay at that level until you catch up.

Comment

Sort of

If you are a Journeyman Tradeskiller; say 232 ... your trophy can beat you to Expert Level (5/7), but will not progress further until you reach 250 raw, yourself. Likewise, your trophy may beat you to Mastery (6/7), while your skill is in the 250-299 range. The trophy cannot advamce towards the the final stage (7/7) until you have reached 300 raw skill.
          Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Originally posted by Gendor View Post
            I have found that the trophy level (4/7 or 6/7 etc) is directly tied to your skill level, if your skill level is 300 your trophy will be 6/7 if it's 299 your trophy will be 5/7. I don't know the exact levels but they are tied to your RAW skill. If the trophy gains the amount of XP needed to evolve before you reach the appropriate RAW skill level, it will stay at that level until you catch up.
            Not quite, see Shadrok's post (above mine). As he states, if the trophy evolves to the next Tier (it can evolve to one Tier over your raw skill level) it will remain at 0% evolved until your raw skill reaches the next Tier. Maybe that is what you were saying too, but I can see there being confusion.

50-99 = Tier 1
            100-149 = Tier 2
            150-199 = Tier 3
            200-249 = Tier 4
            250-299 = Tier 5
            300 = Tier 6

Trophies can evolved to 1 Tier above your skill, so it has 7 levels.

If the trophy evolves slower than your skill up pace, then it is coded to evolve at a faster rate until it reaches your current raw skill Tier. If the trophy is 1 tier below your raw skill, it will evolve eleven (11) times faster than normal (which translates to 1% or more for each successful, non trivial combine*). If your trophy is 2 Tier below, it evolves 21 times faster. Three Tiers below is 31 times faster.

For multiple Tier scenarios, the trophies catch up quickly (I experienced it only once, but in that case it caught up very quickly).

* within 100 points above your raw skill if raw skill is below 250 (because if I don't mention it someone will.

Gorse

Comment

Working...
            X