No announcement yet.

Ya know what's sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out of bank space briefly because freakin' research is basically like adding an entire new tradeskill, except with about 800 gazillion components (Maybe pottery is unique, but it doesn't really consume THAT much space, since a lot of the components are purchased. I really only have to store the rare, dropped stuff, of which there are probably only 25-30 possibilities, of which only about 15-20 are accessable to me. =P but research has SCADS of junk.) but then I went through and completed three subcombines on my epic, clearing up a whopping nine slots, and now I'm not sure what to do with the space.
    Unmei, Coercer, Lanys.

Comment

Oh, my main was filled within days. I filled up the bank space on my first mule within another week. And my second mule has about 16 free spaces at the moment. I'm such a freaking pack rat.
      Idara Inari - nosy woodelf druid addicted to tradeskills
      Baking 250, Brewing 250, Fishing 200, Pottery 224, Smithing 179, Jewelcraft 120, Tailoring 171, Fletching 167

Comment

Ummm .. I think I have a little problem.

I started with the best of intentions. Really I did. Two accounts, several mules, I thought to myself that I'd "get organized".

SIX HOURS of muling later (including several times of screaming at the screen when yet another person decided that my AFK message on Niami meant to spam me with paragraphs of messages), I gave up. I likely have at least another 8 hours of shuffling to go to finish the organization process.

One mule holds all the baking/brewing supplies. She's conveniently located across from my second brewer, who is at 216 brewing and climbing. But she's full. 100%, to the gills, every slot is a 10-slot traders satchel, and she has no room for the 3 stacks of centi meat on my enchantress, the hero meat on another person, much less the complete stacks of foraged goodies from my druids and my ranger. My quest/pottery mule is in slightly better shape, and has room for about 20 more items. Niami the VERY retired is storage for all the tailoring pelts, pieces and parts. I still need to do some juggling to get the heavier stuff either into the bank or into the tink bags, else she'll be encumbered when I waddle around to rez my shammie. My shammie holds the smithing supplies (250 barbie smith), plus a bag and a half of racial meats for potions. My DE enchantress holds all the spell research stuff, plus robe-making supplies, plus ALL of her level 62 spells (she's also a 201 smith, but I'm letting it sit there for now.) My retired monk, who also happens to be my GM jeweler still has plenty of room once the jewelcraft supplies were dropped on her. Amazing how little space her gear takes up now that everything tradeable has been stripped off and handed to my BST. My gnome mage holds lesser spell research stuff, and about 8 bags full of tinkering goodies. My BST is storing many of her level 54-60 spells in the bank, plus a lot of parts for her epic and other silliness ... and has tailoring, smithing, baking, brewing stuff that still needs to be moved to the proper mules/alts. My ranger has fletching parts all over the place as well as a ton of stuff that needs to be muled all over the place.

Let's not even go into the messes that are my druids. I swear those two don't ever throw a single thing away if they can help it (compulsive foragers, one per account, so I have mobility no matter who I am playing - I LOATHE having to ask for rides, even though my hubby is a wizzie. :P)

No matter how much bank space they give me, I'll fill it. I'm never going to get it all organized. I'm a compulsive collector.

For Bristlebane's sake, WHY do I have TWO ten-slot bags filled with different types of eggs!?!?!??!

Comment

Its a little early for Easter, Niami. =)
          Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
          Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

Pottery doesn't take that much space??

Yeesh, my space hogging is not even in your guys' league.

I have two accounts and have filled all sixteen characters up before, as well as a half dozen characters on a friend's account.

First, key parts to Veeshan's Peak. And then there were(and on some characters still are) epic pieces. Then other various quest pieces for them -- monk shackles took up a lot of space, and since when that quest was big people tended to do it TWICE so they could get both the weapon and the wrist piece, you needed all that space times two for many pieces.

Worst, when Luclin came out, all those marks and things for twilight quest armor. Nobody knew what any of it was for for a long time, so I saved all of it, including duplicates in case I could both make and sell the stuff.

Slightly less worse, I've taken up tradeskills and put up bazaar mules. This stuff moves sooner or later though; I've had my Veeshan's Peak components sitting around for years. There's a good chance I'll never complete the key, but I'll be darned if I'm going to throw away all the pieces before I find out.

Saving up mammoth and wolf meats and fruits and vegetables and brownies and chocolate and pie tins and muffin tins and non-sticky frying pans for baking took up plenty of room, and so did the products I made skilling up. At baking 201 I made, Halas Meat pies I think? appropriate for level range -- for six hours without a skill-up. That's a LOT of pies. Then I moved on to misty thicket pies when HMP went trivial, and made thousands of those too.

Then I did pottery. After doing vials to 188, I threw away many opal steins after making them, but kept hundreds more. Filled up every space and filled up friends' mules too, with them. Thought I could never possibly sell them all. Sold every last one, and actually fairly quickly -- hundreds and hundreds. After opal steins I went directly to star ruby encrusted steins, with a short try at planar peridot encrusted steins, a run of a few dozen. Again, hundreds made, but none of those thrown away -- way too expensive! The same mules that still had opal steins got stuffed with the star ruby steins too. Amazingly, after months, I'm down to my last couple of dozen star ruby steins. I'm shocked I ever got rid of them; of course, I got rid of a bunch during price wars where the only way to sell them was to do it for 100pp each, which is below cost considering failure rates even at 250 skill.

What else? Vendor diving. Scattered bits and pieces like various silks and pelts that I am not going to combine the very instant I get them.

But thankfully now that my stein phase is pretty much over(am 246 atm), I'm getting my space back.

But when someone above posted that he had one pack for one tradeskill, one for another, I couldn't believe how different it was from what I have. I have filled up one and a half mules from baking alone with subcombines and raw ingredients and general food things I know nothing about or am not going to use just yet. I have a pottery mule, tailoring mule, etc. And they're often full.

Comment

Eeeeep...

And here my natural response is:

Oh look, something in a skill I haven't maxed yet.

*Combines*

If (RNG = 1)
              *Fails*
              else
              *Succeeds*

...Seriously, I have way more finished products than raw materials. I think people are going to hate me after I finish getting rid of sickles, let alone the piles of Night Terror Chain I just made in the last 2 days...
              Somnabulist Meisekimu
              70 days of Coercive noctambulism (and 364 rude awakenings).

Comment

I have my druid(my tradeskiller) bank's slots overflowing. I have a 2nd account with a mule for brewing, a mule for tailoring, a mule for gems for jewelry and for Velious quest armor, and 2 bazaar mules(1 on each account). My mules are starting to get so full and have not started smithing(121 skill) nor baking(141 skill) as of yet. The good news is I have extra chars not yet used on the 2nd account so have room for expansion.
                Liwsa 75 Druid Prexus - Retired

Comment

Maybe when my friends and guildies laugh at me for being filled up on my Bank, I should redirect them here - you guys are far worse than I am :twisted: :P

Like many it seems, I did start out organising my backpacks to hold dedicated Tradeskill stuff. I think my Baking bag may be the only one unaffected right now ... my smithing already occupies four bags (two solely for Temper components, and they're overflowing) with spilling over to other bags; I have like two bags for tailoring and tailored products (including paddings - provided there's room), two bags with quest items, one bag with tools (not geerloks) ... and generally, I'm out of space! I cannot bank the seaweeds I fished up yesterday, unless I get more Mugs of Seafoam first ...

MORE BANKSPACE NEEDED .... :P

Kaysha Soulsinger
                  Member of the 1750 club since October 13th 2004
                  True strength is not a measure of the body, it's a measure of the soul

Comment

Pre-LoY, I had a second account, just for tradeskill items. 8 mules, packed with 16 ten-slot bags of varied shape and size, including many no-drop containers given for the newbie quest armor.

All these got eliminated when LoY came and I cancelled my second account.

I tradeskill with my main. Six of my alts hold supplies, and the last does nothing but sell in the bazaar.

I am so out of space I am considering opening my second account back up...

Kirstin Thornhill
                    Venerable Storm Warden
                    My Tradeskills
                    Ancient Fellowship ~ DRUZZIL RO (XEV) Server
                    "Being cute doesn't mean being weak. It means being underestimated..."

Comment

hehe bought loy for no other reason than the bank space. still never been there. on the other hand my mule is holding less now. only around 5 bags of runes and meats. the main is pretty full but keep all but my first bag open to do mtp runs.

Maker of Picnics.
                      Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                      "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

I think only one or two of my 8 chrs I have on my accout actually has a fairly empty bank. The other 6 I stick just about everything into. I've got about 3 packs full of various utensils, and other assorted tradeskill and no drop items in the bank on my main, one chr just dedicated to being a mule for assorted tradeskill items (at one point I had close to 2 packs full of cockroaches, and 1 pack full of bread crumbs I was saving for a guildmate), my shaman's bank keeps getting filled up with CEs, I had about 130 stacks the other day, down to 76 stacks now, got assorted research components on my mage, and whatnot. I figure if I ever run out of room, I'll just borrow my husband's account, he's got 3 open chr slots.
                        Diania Moonspirit
                        lvl 66 druidess
                        The Disciples of Might, Bristlebane
                        Grandmaster Brewer - 300 w/ Master Trophy 3% evolved
                        Grandmaster Baker - 300 w/ Rolling Pin

Comment

ok.. I know we're all compulsive packrats... here's my *worst* contribution...
                          1.5 deluxe toolboxes filled solely with stacks of... roots.. for the day I get fishing high enough to make fishbone darts... For my friends.. I can't even USE the darn things..

Alliance Artisan
                          Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

What would I give for a Mule class to fill up the other 5 spaces on sullon? I understand and agree with only having three playable characters. But I didn't play at all the day before Loy went live. I would look at my bank and cry. A lot.

Seriously. When I wasn't studying for my Japanese Linguistical Anthropology final, I wrote out an entire page, front and back, on how to make the Mule class. I want this.

I also would like them to pay me for it ( ^_^!!!!!!!!!!!! ) but since we know that ain't happening... hah. Nah, seriously, if they would let me use the other 5 spaces on my 2 accounts, that would be good enough for me.

Denmother-sama: yeah, you definately sound fit to lead a rag-tag band of semi-crazed tradeskillers ^_^! /toungeincheek or at least /badjoke. Course, if I had Mules, that would be me, too. Hope you're at least having fun with it all (aside from the spammers). If you were on Sullon, you could at least hunt down and slay 2/3rds of the spammers.

Spent the last 2 days fighting sickening mouse/video lag and baking down the STACKS of JumJum Beer and Baskets I've had on an alt for about 20 levels. Got Baking 239-246, and I haven't even touched the 20 stacks of Hero Parts... I need Veggies. I need to be able to tell my Forage button to ONLY forage Veggies. Only. Nothing else, no water, NO ROOTS. #$%^ Roots. That's why the south side of Pok is dead, you know.

Long post to say: /agree, it took you this long to fill up the banks?

-- Sanna
                            Creepily enough, this is me in a good mood. o_0 Been so long since I've been in a good mood, I have to try to reign it in, too...
                            Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
                            Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
                            Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
                            Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
                            [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
                            Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

hmm 2 main characters banks completely full, mostly full of elemental trade skill stuff.
                              although the mules i set up earlier are now mostly empty. then again i am not an active trade skiller any more. Ie all the eggs and what not are on the half a dozen characters i haven't maanaged to clean up yet.
                              Scout Aavar Avrochet 70th Plainswalker
                              Lady Ucchan Kuonji 70th Bedazzler

Comment

Working...
                              X