Last 2 points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last 2 points

Just finished a large batch of cobalt templates to try to finish blacksmithing for my alt
    I got several skillups through out the day, but once I hit 298, I hit a wall.

The last 150 combines and no skill up, not a 1
    I actually think it was closer to 175 combines

So my raw skill is 298, modded skill is 321, and I'm doing a combine with a triv of 350
    150+ combines
    No skill ups

This seems *slightly* excessive, trying really hard not to punch my monitor right now
    If someone could logically explain the rng used by EQ for determining skillups, that would be great.
    Right now the rng just seems like a giant piece of crap.

And as you can see from my signature, I've maxed many tradeskills, and this will be my 4th toon to max smithing, and I'm pretty sure I've never hit a wall anywhere near this bad. 50 to 60 combines maybe, never 150+
    Arriella - 86 Human Paladin - Tunare
    Blacksmithing 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
    Tailoring 300 - Mastery 3
    Pottery 300 - Mastery 3
    Baking 200, Brewing 200, Fishing 200, Fletching 200
    On Alts:
    Alchemy 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
    Jewelry Making 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
    Research 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
    Blacksmithing 300 (Barbarian), Blacksmithing 300 (Froglok), Blacksmithing 300 (Vah Shir)

Unfortunately, it happens. You can literally go hundreds of combines without a skill-up at at point. just keep clicking away...

Mikaal Drazzminius
    Tier'Dal Necromancer
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
    Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Try actually making some of the cultural armor, not just templates. I believe the highest cultural combine you can attempt (that doesn't have a 300 requirement to try) gives a 10% bonus to your chance to skill up, and the second highest has a 5% bonus. When skilling up tailoring I did whatever armor uses the superb templates for the last 7-8 points and got it done in something like 60 combines.

Comment

Tried again today to finish the last 2 skill up, got both point with only 25 attempts total.
        This time doing tungsten templates, which actually have a lower trivial of only 312.
        I seriously think something was wrong before. I probably should have logged out and back in or something, but I just wanted to keep clicking that combine button, lol.

I would consider making full cultural for skill ups except for a couple of things.
        - while still a template you can sell back to vendor for only a minimal loss
        - make the cultural requires loams and additional components, which drive up the costs
        - can't sell the cultural piece back to vendor, so all the plat spent is a total loss
        - have to be at your cultural forge, so is not near as convienent as the pok forges
        Arriella - 86 Human Paladin - Tunare
        Blacksmithing 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
        Tailoring 300 - Mastery 3
        Pottery 300 - Mastery 3
        Baking 200, Brewing 200, Fishing 200, Fletching 200
        On Alts:
        Alchemy 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
        Jewelry Making 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
        Research 300 - Mastery 3 - GM Trophy
        Blacksmithing 300 (Barbarian), Blacksmithing 300 (Froglok), Blacksmithing 300 (Vah Shir)

Comment

Personally, I maxed my skill and level 7 trophies on templates for both smithing and tailoring. I max'd skill and level 7 trophy on fletching making reaching symbols (made quite a few bows before I realized symbols ended up costing me much less...).
          Mikaal Drazzminius
          Tier'Dal Necromancer
          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
          Necrotalk Admin
          EQ Traders Super Moderator
          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X