Defiant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defiant?

This new Defiant armour is really hacking me off.

It makes player-made Energeiac armours worthless and even cuts into the Cultural sales.
    Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
    Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
    Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
    Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

There's a post about it on the general forum, where Ngreth made a few comments. I suggest you head over there and see what he had to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolrog View Post
      There's a post about it on the general forum, where Ngreth made a few comments. I suggest you head over there and see what he had to say.
      I just went though Ngreth's recent posts on SOE's boards and coudn't find anything. Would you mind pointing me the right way please?

Comment

I think he means the posts in this thread:

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=32017
        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Defiant

The Defiant didn't bother me at all.

I found that after Elegant came into play, the market for Elaborate was eliminated. I have Eleaborate items on my mule priced from 250 plat to 3.5K and they haven't sold.... and they been there for months.

I never found much of a real market for Energeiac either, as there is better armor to be had and you have to keep buying power sources for them, and the need for proper faction and Orum/etc. to get the Katta power sources. The continuous money drain to "power" them is what I felt made a slow market for them, than anything else.
          Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

Originally posted by Angelsyn View Post
            This new Defiant armour is really hacking me off.

It makes player-made Energeiac armours worthless and even cuts into the Cultural sales.
            I agree 100% alot of the Defiant stuff imo junk. Sure it has more hp's , mana and end on some of them but the effect are what make them junk. I had a order list for energeiac gear but not anymore.

The weapons even bite too.

Marylynn:

Personally, and I know its cutting into tradeskillers who do smithing and tailoring, find the defiant to be godsends for my 55 monk. Bonus's, stats, AC, and allows for upgrade paths that can be notable instead of having to rely on tradeskillers or drops. And after time not actively playing it gives the ability to compete with long term players. Might be more annoyed if it affected the foods and drinks I can produce, but given no one wants them anyway big deal. I have looked at the gear available tradeskill wise when my monk hits 60. Sorry the defiant armour is more likely to get my vote. And I love having tradeskilled armour. Its just not worth the wearing, but will wear when not actively hunting because it supports a few friends.

Comment

Yep, at first I was upset at the Defiant armor dropping, but after a bit I realized I'd rather have an increase in players on my server in the long run. Cultural is just a step in my tradeskills; not the be all and end all of tradeskills.
                Fletcher 300 || Brewer 300 || Blacksmith 300 || Jeweler 300 || Tailor 300 || Baker 300 || Potter 300 || Tome Research 144

Comment

I've gotten a fair amount of armor while killing for various tradeskill components. I look at that as a way of offsetting losses from the armor I would have made and sold.
                  Sinaiel Soulmerchant
                  Dark Elf Warlock
                  Brell Serilis
                  Dabbler in the Tradeskilling Arts

Comment

Working...
                  X