No announcement yet.

Skills? Experience? Nah, I have KEI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had gotten C3 at level 1 and told to go cast, I may have gotten bored as heck of this game for being too easy.

Same with if my monk was given a t-staff and a fungi tunic, or whatever proc weapon people give to twinks. I'd play for a few days, get bored and find a more challenging game.
    I happen to aggree with this. If I had started the game with KEI and the gear I have now, the game would not have been fun for me. Well not for more than an hour or two anyway. Heck, when I was like level 3 as a cleric some generous enchanter running through gave me breeze, and that was enough to keep my mana from dropping at all during any fight for the duration of the spell.

However, 54 levels later on my main, and a good hundred more if you add up all my alts, I no longer find it fun to spend 2 hours per level to get to level 3, and 4-6 hours per level to get to 30, and 6 hours per level to get to 50. Especially when I am only planning on getting it to level X so I can cast some spell, or farm some component more effeciently, or have a character to take on PoG raids that will contribute more than buffs/heals between fights.

While I would concede to the notion of them taking the spell out of the game to prevent honest Newbies from having the game too easy, unfun, or whatever, I really don't see that as necessary. I mean, there are over 500k active accounts on this game, And while I am sure there are plenty of genuinely new players, I believe the vast majority of those accounts are owned by people who have been playing the game for a while now.

Of course I would rather play a game where you aren't forced to level to do everything, but they cannot change the game on that fundamental level at this point so, cest la vie.
    Arrakeen Naed'Shoj
    Smith and Priest of Tunare's Blessings

Comment

Personally, I could care less if people have KEI.

However, I detest the crack bots with their misleading langauge, and I will personally shoot anyone that delays coming to a group to get KEI, or leaves a group when KEI fades.

Given that KEI turns into such a huge crutch (IOW, instead of using it when you have it, people won't function without it), I'd not shed a tear to see it prevented from sticking on anyone under 46 (along with aego, FoS, hero, and any post 50 buff). It would make more sense to let anyone you can get exp with to have the buff stick, but it's not that important to me either way.

Or course I'm an evil 2 boxing twink power leveller, so what do I know.

Comment

Ok guys, this thread has gotten way too heated.

Let's just take a step back and agree to disagree.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X