Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowrest made easy

Howdy,

I didn't find a lot of good information about the "Graveyard Zone" so I decided to experiment.

I took my ancient and retired monk and bound him in Rivervale at the Soulbinder. Then I attacked the Priest of Discord. Instant corpse. (my monk is level 18 so no need to worry about not leaving a corpse)

I looted all but one bat wing from the corpse and left it for over a week.

When I logged on I got a message (like the Message of the Day or more like the LDoN start message) telling me I had a corpse present in Shadowrest.

Finding the bloody NPC to hail to go to Shadowrest was a HUGE pain. No one seems to have made an exhaustive list, hell I couldn't even find the name of the one for PoK. But I happened to stumble on a discription of the location of the one in Misty Thicket.

Here's the straight poop.

1) Corpse's that rotted before the zone went live in early/mid April 2004... GONE. Don't even ask.

2) Corpse's made after zone went live, NOT automaticly moved to Shadowrest after ANY amount of time.

3) Corpses ONLY moved to Shadowrest after AT LEAST one week of REAL TIME has elapsed. (being logged in for 24 hours doesn't rot the corpse)

4) Once you get into Shadowrest (method to follow) you summon your own corpse (method for this to follow as well) and it has a one week decay timer, and NO _REPEAT_ NO!! Rezz timer. None. Zip. YOU CANNOT GET A REZZ IN SHADOWREST!! DO NOT EVEN THINK MAYBE IT IS POSSIBLE! IT IS _NOT_!! (Hope I've made that point abundantly clear.)

5) It is unknown if a corpse that rots IN Shadowrest can be re-summoned. I intend to leave the corpse there with one bat wing on it for a week and check again.

6) It is unknown how long ago MAXIMUM a corpse can have rotted (after the live date of the zone) and still be recalled. I don't have a serious way to test that and I have no intention of. Some people have posted comments that GMs/Guides have hinted that there MAY be some maximum. In general I'd say "the sooner you can summon your corpse the better" as a rule.

Ok, I'm going to ASSUME that everyone on Agnostic's green and verdant Norrath has either PoP -OR- the ability to find a druid that can port them to Misty Thicket. Period. I'm only going to use this guy as Rivervale is home or second home to all my characters.

Get your assets to Misty Thicket. Either by the PoK book, the Druid Rings or coming out of Rivervale. The guy you want is...

Roha Jumthief. He resides at /loc neg 330 by neg 2390 approx.
    (This is DIRECTLY east of both the Book and Rings, along the east wall. Traveling south from the Rivervale tunnel you go south past the rats and undead and there he is... can't miss him.)

Say "send" while targeting him and you get a trip to Shadowrest. Only those with corpses waiting (unsummoned) or there already (summoned and not looted) can take the trip. Period. No rubberneckers.

Coming from Misty Thicket you wind up in the middle of the south wall of this VERY TINY zone. I'd almost say the boat in Iceclad Ocean is bigger. Seafury Island in OOT -is- bigger.

There is a big building in the center of the zone, kinda on stilts, and the "stairs" up to the second floor are directly ahead of you, can't miss it. In the building you see a bunch of skeletons dancing around a big pit. And a tall dark figure in a robe. (Resembles the IV from AR and others with the same model.)

You can hail the "Keeper of Lost Things" and follow the text to get your corpse.

Or you can try just saying "relinquish" (no " marks needed)

Along the south wall just a bit west of where you came in there will be a little "PoK book" that takes you back to Misty Thicket about 5 feet away from Jumthief. Handy.

I -presume- that other zones have different "zone in/zone out" locations along the wall, or the book may simply be set to take YOU back where YOU entered from. Not interested in testing it too heavily.

Hope that helps anyone who's been curious about Shadowrest like I have been.
    In My (Not Always) Humble Opinion, except where I quote someone. If I don't know I say so.
    I suck at this game, your mileage WILL vary. My path is probably NON-optimal.
    Private Messages attended to promptly.

A few things.

You CAN go there if you have no corpse, I've been there many times (great quiet place to tradeskill)

There is an erudite female in PoK named Devin something, she stands on the hilly area between the main bank and the smithy.

The book takes you back to wherever you came from.

The Keeper of Lost Things does roam the zone a bit, he's not always in the building.

And it has the same forage table as Shadowhaven.
    Retired -
    Avelyna, 69 ranger
    Tiadari, 62 druid
    Syrarri, 52 beastlord
    Rodcet Nife

Comment

Another entrance NPC is in East Commons in the tunnel. I forget her name but she's a dark elf that is standing in the open area of the tunnel. Run as if you are heading from the Wayfarer's camp to North Ro and you will see her standing against the wall right before the "main tunnel" part leading to Nro.
      Stugein
      66 Grave Lord of Innoruuk
      Fennin Ro

Why did the ranger cross the road?
      Because the chicken had him at 10%.

Comment

The only thing I'd add to this is that now everyone has access to PoK the Erudite female that Lonewylfe refers to is probably the best one to remember for everyone.

Hadn't realised you can get there without a corpse so I'm off for a gander tonight =)

Comment

Working...
        X