No announcement yet.

Progression server - what can you make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progression server - what can you make?

I think this could be fun to do at the moment, but I also think this information will be valuable eventually. For those who don't know, SoE has announced that they plan to introduce a 'progression' server, which will only include original EQ zones on day 1 and then will add other expansions later.

So, the question is, day one on the new server, only original zones available - what can you make and what can't you make in your tradeskill? I'm going to guess (and I think it's a reasonable guess) that they will revert FP, oasis and the ro's to their pre-PoR status, but we can assume that all other changes will remain in place. i.e. the zones will look, for the most part, like they do today - there just won't be any other expansions available.

I already did a little research and figured out that anything that requires Coldain Velium Temper's is out (which makes sense). You can't buy it and you can't quite make it (brown algae). So that eliminates a lot of smithing recipes, like BD cultural. There also won't be a lot of Blue Diamonds available at all, especially depending on what they do with the Hole, but they will be theoretically available at least.

So, what can you do with your tradeskill on this server? What can't you do?

The way I understood it, that only limits they're placing is that we start from day one with just old world zones. Other revamps and stuff will be available (like no Oasis zone).
    Last edited by marmaladeX; 04-13-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenephex
      For those who don't know, SoE has announced that they plan to introduce a 'progression' server, which will only include original EQ zones on day 1 and then will add other expansions later.
      I was unable to locate any offical Sony announcement could you link it here or PM me with the link please?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucian Celeste
        I was unable to locate any offical Sony announcement could you link it here or PM me with the link please?
        I don't think there has been an official announcement. This was posted on a couple of sites as news from fanfaire. Here is one of them:
        http://www.mobhunter.com/001473.html

Comment

There's been a lot of talk on this in serverwide channels. I do hope it is for real and not some late april's fool joke.

Long corpse run, ship running again (I hope) and CB zone being crowded again

I am up for it.

Comment

I think the question, "What can you make?" is VERY valid.

Are you going to be able to start off making Banded armor? Fine Steel? Old Cultural? Blue Diamond Cultural? (Ok, BD might be tough without temper materials)

Will people be able to be Beastlords or Berserkers, or will they have to wait for that particular expansion to be unlocked?

Comment

How many will not know how to get around with the PoK portals???
              Strokker~Fennin Ro
              What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.John Myer~Hellboy 2004

Comment

SoE has announced that they plan to introduce a 'progression' server, which will only include original EQ zones on day 1 and then will add other expansions later.
                from my understanding, the 'add other expansions later' would occur immediately following certain game-world events. for instance, once the ghoul lord is defeated, loy would be unlocked and opened-up. once vox and nagafan are defeated, velious would open up. and so on and so forth. once mini-bosses in hate, fear, and sky are killed, kunark opens up. i dont think it would be open to only those who trigger and complete the event, but everyone on the server. this is entirely speculation and inferrance on my part based solely on the logs/diariys posted around the net.

Comment

Well, off the top of my head...
                  Brewing (to 252):
                  Minotaur Hero Brews should still be store bought skill up route. Kaladim Constitutional requires velious to make the corking device. Lack of soda prevents the champagnes from being able to be made.

Jewelcrafting (to 300):
                  Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara to 295. Vendor path all the way up to it should also be available. Then finish it off with Gem Studded Chains

Fletching (to 282):
                  Cheap arrow path to 202 should still be available, then the various Shadewood Bows will go to 282. Higher for some if they keep the karana/wood elf in there.

Baking (to 300):
                  Should be able to do Misty Thicket Picnics (provided they still sell Rennet in E. Freeport). Fish Rolls would still be available as a midpoint. Patty Melts also if Cheese is sold in E. Freeport still.

Smithing (to 300):
                  Banded, then Fine Plate to 188, then MCS the rest of the way.

Tailoring (to 252):
                  Wu's to 158, then Ceremonial Solstice Robe to 252.

Pottery (to 300):
                  Casserole dish if E. Freeport vendor has casserole dish sketches. Then Red Ceramic Band's will get you to 242. Then Star Ruby Encrusted Steins will get you to 300.

So, from what I can figure off the top of my head, brewing, tailoring, and fletching are the only ones that you cant get to 300 with.

Another question though is when will things like AAs become available? When Luclin is added? Will you be able to get New Tannan Mastery then, or with PoP? Will 300 be allowed prior to DoN?
                  -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                  try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

The biggest problem is that most people won't have the plat to run trades up quickly.

Comment

Will tradeskills go to 300?
                      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by mewkus
                        Smithing (to 300):
                        Banded, then Fine Plate to 188, then MCS the rest of the way.

Tailoring (to 252):
                        Wu's to 158, then Ceremonial Solstice Robe to 252.

Pottery (to 300):
                        Casserole dish if E. Freeport vendor has casserole dish sketches. Then Red Ceramic Band's will get you to 242. Then Star Ruby Encrusted Steins will get you to 300.
                        All of those need Celestial Essence, and that was not introduced in the game until Luclin was released. I think it's on someone in Freeport now, but it may or may not be there on release of the progression server.

Comment

They may be able to get to 300 but until the AA are unlocked you can only GM 1 tradeskill I would guess.

Comment

Having played since the game went live, I can remember what the first days were like. The first trade skill that was popular was tailoring. I can remember running around killing every wolf that walked, loped and ran in the hope that he would drop a pelt. Soon though people that had a few plat put together started looking to buy banded, then plate. Once the world became more affluent (like 2 or 3 months after the game launched) jewel crafting came into its own. The jewel crafting business stayed strong thru the beginning of Kunark then started tailing off. It had a revival when Velious came out briefly until every one with any platinum had bought their resist kit. The next major thing to hit the tradeskill camp was the progressive quests in Thurgadin.

Anyways, games are like life, the tend to repeat themselves. Should the game begin anew I would expect the same sort of thing to happen except probably at a much faster pace. There will always be a few adventurous souls who will out pace everyone else and be as high as you can go in trade skill X and be the server's "go to guy (or gal)". The same people will be out there collecting trade skill items and will want the same pound of flesh for them. They'll probably be a market back in East Commons again (WTS xxxx look me up at the 1st torch!).

It'll be interesting to see just how SoE will introduce the tradeskills, whether they will all be in the game or strictly tied to the expansions. It would be really interesting to see what effect on the progression there would be if there were more tradeskill items available from the start. The beginning was notable for a scarcity of items of any real value you could make.

I just hope they won't decide to open the expansions as people complete the encounters. You can bet on it that there will be a group of people who can't wait to race thru it all to see just how fast they can "win the game" again.

Comment

Originally posted by Strokker
                              How many will not know how to get around with the PoK portals???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA how true. I think it will be fun, if they do it i plan on making a toon or two there.
                              I can just imagine /shout camp check! Orc 1, orc 2

Munwin
                              Triton of Povar (Retired)
                              THE Original Halfling Cleric
                              GM Tailor/Brewer/Smith

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Comment

Working...
                              X