Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Researchers! Tell us about Rune of Fulguration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadrok
    replied
    Just checked my test output from yesterday>

Yes, the "/outputfile inventory" ommand includes bank and shared bank items.

Leave a comment:

• Jinaabu3169
    replied
    Does using the 'Inventory' option include items in your regualr bank?

Leave a comment:

• Aanuvane
    replied
    Thanks shadrok! I didn't realize the output file had the item IDs.

Leave a comment:

• Shadrok
    replied
    /outputfile [ guild | raid | spellbook | inventory | guildbank ] [ optional filename ]
    to output a list of the relevant section to a text file in your EverQuest folder.

Example:
    /outputfile inventory ShadrokStuff

Information in the text file include the item ID. The command takes a little time ( a few minutes), so don't expect a file to appear immediately.

Leave a comment:

• Aanuvane
    replied
    Just as a note Mewgirl, the spell recipes for Project Lightning and Energy Storm now follow the new spell research system (I believe this is also on the progression server - spell research was supposed to follow the new system and not the old....right? It's Jewelcraft and alchemy that follow the old systems/recipes). I'm not sure if there's any way to check this - maybe Magelo?

Leave a comment:

• MEWGIRL
    replied
    How do you see the ID number of the rune you have?

Leave a comment:

• Shadrok
    replied
    Spell IDs

I checked the combines once again. To clarify:

Either "Rune of Attraction" (EQID: 11748 or 11777) can be used to make the spells:
    Spell: Gravity Flux, EQID: 16336
    Spell: Levitate, EQID: 16322

The resulting spells differ not at all, they stack. However, your Lexicon or Sorcerer's Lexicon will identify formulas using Rune of Attraction, EQID: 11777, as using "Rune of Attraction - Seb".

Rune of Fulguration, EQID: 11741 only makes:
    Spell: Project Lightning, EQID: 16318

Rune of Fulguration, EQID: 11759 only makes:
    Spell: Energy Storm, EQID: 15468

Leave a comment:

• Doremi
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadrok View Post
    It was a team effort.

The magician Rooney, collects runes and had the requisite runes to test these combines. Attraction and Fulgaration are the only runes he has found that do not stack together. He has no idea where the drops come from, since his collection comes from vendors everywhere. Rooney notes that he has never seen the rarer runes (Astral Celerity, Coruscating, Coruscation, Fortune, Judgement, Souls, Torment, Xor, Yirno, and Zota) and cannot comment on any issues regarding them.

Pages, an enchanter, collects words. She has not found had any words that fail to stack nor has she had reports of failures in combines. Words of Darkness, Mastery, Resolution and Wealth are complete mysteries to her.

Another enchanter, Tralez, has the complete works of Yaeth, Finnok, Kerris, Toharon, and Zeannor. He has had no stacking or combining complaints. Unfortunately he doesn't collect the works of lesser researchers (Salil, Velishoul, Nilitim and Tasarin), so he cannot vouch for those grimories.

Misspell, the 336-skill necro researcher, has not seen any issues with the stacking or combining of Hides, Spell Scrolls, Papyri, Parchments, or Vellums.

The tinker-wizard Gollee Geewiz, verified the following combines. Both Attraction runes made both spells, with the designated entries in his Sorceror's Lexicon. The Fulgaration runes are virtually identical, except that they will not stack with each other and each only makes the one combine (DNC for the other spell).

----------------------------
    Rune of Attraction
    ID 11748
    Identifies as: Rune of Attraction
    Buys 1.238pp
    Sells 5.459pp
    Spell: Levitate
    Spell: Gravity Flux
    Rune of Attraction
    ID 11777
    Buys 1.524pp
    Sells 2.359pp
    Spell: Levitate (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
    Spell: Gravity Flux (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
    Rune of Fulguration
    ID 11741
    Identifies as: Rune of Fulgaration
    Buys 0.857pp
    Sells 3.779pp
    Spell: Project Lightning
    Rune of Fulguration
    ID 11759
    Buys 0.857pp
    Sells 3.779pp
    Spell: Energy Storm
    It'd be useful to know the IDs of the spells produced as well, to be able to differentiate them (e.g., the two versions of Spell: Project Lightning).

Leave a comment:

• Shadrok
    replied
    Bah, look it over 3 times and still miss something.
    Vendors sell Rune of Attraction, ID 11777, for 3.359pp.

Leave a comment:

• Shadrok
    replied
    Combines verified

It was a team effort.

The magician Rooney, collects runes and had the requisite runes to test these combines. Attraction and Fulgaration are the only runes he has found that do not stack together. He has no idea where the drops come from, since his collection comes from vendors everywhere. Rooney notes that he has never seen the rarer runes (Astral Celerity, Coruscating, Coruscation, Fortune, Judgement, Souls, Torment, Xor, Yirno, and Zota) and cannot comment on any issues regarding them.

Pages, an enchanter, collects words. She has not found had any words that fail to stack nor has she had reports of failures in combines. Words of Darkness, Mastery, Resolution and Wealth are complete mysteries to her.

Another enchanter, Tralez, has the complete works of Yaeth, Finnok, Kerris, Toharon, and Zeannor. He has had no stacking or combining complaints. Unfortunately he doesn't collect the works of lesser researchers (Salil, Velishoul, Nilitim and Tasarin), so he cannot vouch for those grimories.

Misspell, the 336-skill necro researcher, has not seen any issues with the stacking or combining of Hides, Spell Scrolls, Papyri, Parchments, or Vellums.

The tinker-wizard Gollee Geewiz, verified the following combines. Both Attraction runes made both spells, with the designated entries in his Sorceror's Lexicon. The Fulgaration runes are virtually identical, except that they will not stack with each other and each only makes the one combine (DNC for the other spell).

Rune of Attraction
    ID 11748
    Buys 1.238pp
    Sells 5.459pp
    Spell: Levitate
    Spell: Gravity Flux
    Rune of Attraction
    ID 11777
    Buys 1.524pp
    Sells 2.359pp
    Spell: Levitate (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
    Spell: Gravity Flux (Rune of Attraction - Seb)
    Rune of Fulguration
    ID 11741
    Buys 0.857pp
    Sells 3.779pp
    Spell: Project Lightning
    Rune of Fulguration
    ID 11759
    Buys 0.857pp
    Sells 3.779pp
    Spell: Energy Storm

Leave a comment:

• Prexis
    replied
    On the runes of frost & astral, the two can be differenciated because 1 of each is no trade and result from the final turn in with the Tarton's Wheel quest http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=258
    These runes are used to research the Ice Comet spell for wizards. When made with the quested runes, the resulting spell is also no trade. The tradable version of frost & astral are normal mob drops.

I remember the issue with attraction & fulguration from years ago. I never ID'd them, but there was no visible difference in the game between them.

Leave a comment:

• Zuklaak
    replied
    It has been a while since I saw this discussed in the forums, but I think the way to tell the vendor sale-able ones apart, is by price. Going on very fuzzy memories.

Leave a comment:

• Doremi
    replied
    Originally posted by Doremi View Post
    Known duplicate spell components. Unfortunately, I don't know which is used in which recipe(s). I also don't know where particular ones are obtained, and Allakhazam's drop lists are probably sketchy on this front. Hopefully someone else can fill in those gaps (or maybe a dev will notice this and just merge the duplicate versions).

Rune of Attraction (ID 11177)
    Rune of Attraction (ID 11748)

Rune of Frost (ID 11880)
    Rune of Frost (ID 11780)

Rune of Fulguration (ID 11741)
    Rune of Fulguration (ID 11759)

Rune of Karana (ID 11753)
    Rune of Karana (ID 16058)

Rune of Proximity (ID 11742)
    Rune of Proximity (ID 16050)

Rune of the Astral (ID 11781)
    Rune of the Astral (ID 11881)

Words of Dominion (ID 11828)
    Words of Dominion (ID 11788)
    To complicate matters, there are also duplicate versions of many spell scrolls, and no, I don't know which is which on that score either.

Leave a comment:

• Doremi
    replied
    Known duplicate spell components. Unfortunately, I don't know which is used in which recipe(s). I also don't know where particular ones are obtained, and Allakhazam's drop lists are probably sketchy on this front. Hopefully someone else can fill in those gaps (or maybe a dev will notice this and just merge the duplicate versions).

Rune of Attraction (ID 11177)
    Rune of Attraction (ID 11748)

Rune of Frost (ID 11880)
    Rune of Frost (ID 11780)

Rune of Fulguration (ID 11741)
    Rune of Fulguration (ID 11759)

Rune of Karana (ID 11753)
    Rune of Karana (ID 16058)

Rune of Proximity (ID 11742)
    Rune of Proximity (ID 16050)

Rune of the Astral (ID 11781)
    Rune of the Astral (ID 11881)

Words of Dominion (ID 11828)
    Words of Dominion (ID 11788)

Leave a comment:

• Ashwith
    replied
    Ah! I didn't know that there were two Runes of Fulguration in the game.
    We may have other recipes with this same issue.

I've added both into our database now and placed a note on them indicating that we need additional information on how to tell them apart. (As far as I can tell, they have the same stats.) Does anyone know what the difference is between them? Is one bought and one dropped, for example??

Any information would be appreciated so I can update the notes on the items and perhaps try to straighten out any other recipes that use these.

Thanks,
    Data Trout

Leave a comment:

Working...
X