I like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like it!

I like the new design. Keep and the great work and try to remember to get some sleep.
    Sempai
    Beastlord
    Tholuxe Paells

I like it too. I always was more comfortable using phpBB.
    Keep up the good work.
    Amethest Starweaver
    56 Paladin

Comment

I didnīt like the change

Mainly because all the other boards i access are in Ezboard, and when i log in, i have a list of them, easy to open.

If the change was only because of the look on the board, i donīt see why...

:evil:

Comment

The main reason for the change in my understanding is completely a financial one. phpBB is a "program" (set of .php files really) that costs nothing to download.

The only thing required to get it to run is to have php enabeled web server (free) and a database engine of some kind, most use mySQL (free).

I don't know what she uses for the database, but on my guild web site, I also use phpBB and it is very easy to set up and maintain once you get the prereqs all figured out (if you can get php and mySQL running, you can get phpBB running )

Comment

Yup... It was gonna cost the Denmom lots (read: at least $1000) of money to renew the gold board, to keep everyone from seeing ads and popups and junk.

With the PHP BB, they pay for only the bandwidth, and not for the fees assessed by EZBoard.

*edit*
          The tinkering compendium will probably be moving to a phpBB soon too, for the same reason.

Comment

Um, it was closer to $3000 for a year's renewal on EZBoards, and depending on the traffic on these boards during that year, we may be able to swing hosting it for a quarter of that cost. (I suspect it will be more like half the cost, due to how vocal the tradeskill community has become, but that's still a noticeable price difference.)

Comment

There was really nothing ya could do

I've been using EZboard since they started. I mean they were a smart business. First adding top banners, then pop ups & only charging a small fee for individual users to get customized accounts, & in all honesty let's face it internet businesses that don't charge in many cases no longer exist.

But really the prices for boards that had the most active users should have been comped more for having people that supported EZ another way, not just having their posts ignored costwise. :?

I mean it's not a bad system since there are still free options but it leaves little choice for a highly active board that wants to stay pop-up free.
              Bloodshard Ogg
              Warrior-Chef

Comment

It's EZboards loss

This is from the 'old' message boards:

I still can't believe that EZboard is letting go of communities like this one.

-Jebbalon/Kaldarp
                -Brell Serilis

Comment

They tried to find a solution that was acceptable to both us and them, and they DID wrangle another month's memberiship for us out of what had been sitting dormant in the Community Chest for a while, but, unfortunately, they weren't able to make the price competitive enough. A small amount over what we could do via hosting elsewhere would have been ok because of the convenience factor, but the numbers were just too different. :?

Comment

Like the new boards fine - similar to many others I visit

Shame ezboards couldn't come to an agreement.
                    Andric d'Regor
                    Karana Server

Comment

Nice Page DenMom Not much different between EZBoards. Keep up the good work
                      Battlestaff Fuzzietoe <Crimson Twilight>
                      58th Rank Druid of Karana on Drinal. (Gone but not Forgotten)

Kanus Silverleaf (Still a Halfling at Heart)

Comment

I like the new board find so far

Keep up the good work DenMom, you're doing great!!
                        Boggens Oakenfeet54th lvl Halfling DruidOfficer of Everlasting Alliance

Comment

I do llike the new boards, personally i use phpBB for one of my guild boards.

keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                          X